Ford Sync Freedom in Motion lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed this in my KR several days ago. One of the easiest things I've done to the vehicle. Setup was very easy and intuitive. I found an eBay seller that had reduced the Buy it Now price to 232$. Coastaletech's price is 289$. When I got the package it was brand new in the box as advertised. Total time was about an hour, taking my time and using some nylon panel tools that don't mar the plastic dash parts.

UPDATE:

Have had the lockpick for several days now and I've pretty well satisfied. The NAV input works great, it has a 60 second window for entering the information and we always have about 10 seconds left before it times out automatically. Being able to keep the rear view camera on while driving is kinda neat, haven't watched a movie yet but I know it works when I was testing it out the first day. Wife wants a forward looking camera now, I've been looking around, I don't want to drill hole(s) in the front bumper so looking for a license plate mounted camera. It'll be easy to add, most trouble will be running the video and power wires back to the lockpick in the dash. I've found several small cameras that have a screw mount that I could put in the lower grill area, but thinking I'll use the 3M acrylic tape for mounting it. I'm pleased with the result

UPDATE 1-30-2013

Couple of weeks ago I started having problems with the head unit. I would get a message at the bottom of the screen saying "Connect error-Contact Dealer". I figured it would be a problem with the Lockpick, (don't know why) but I opened the dash up and disconnected the LP. When I reconnected all the stock plugs I started up the truck and the error message went away. Doing a test, I connected the LP and still the message was not there. So I buttoned everything back up. About a week and a half later I got the error message again. This time I just disconnected the battery and sure enough the message went away again. It kept up with this cycle until last week when I just removed the LP. I contacted coastaltech about it and ran against a stone wall. If they didn't sell it to you directly, they don't honor any kind of warranty whatsoever. I explained that I got it from Ebay and the technician I was on the phone with said they can't help me. You have to send it back to the dealer you got it from, they send it in to LP and you get a replacement unit. I think all this does is cut down on the returns to coastaltech. It's a total blowoff. The Customer Service at coastaltech was sympathetic but wouldn't allow me to send it back and get it repaired even at my own expense. Fortunately, I was able to get a phone number from Ebay from my vendor and contacted him today. I'm sending the unit back to him tomorrow for a replacement. I believe he's sending one out of his stock and all I'm paying is a 10$ s/h fee.
I saved about 30$ getting it off ebay and was fortunate to contact the vendor who is still a member of ebay. Moral of the story is coastaltech makes a product that works great when it works, but Customer Service and Technical Service leave a lot to be desired as they won't stand behind their product if they didn't sell it themselves.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forward looking camera? Really? Not to be mean but how about opening up her eyes and looking out the window. I guess I just don't understand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
She's short, doesn't see well over the expansive hood, hard to park sometimes even with the front sensors.