ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is something I should investigate. Big question is does this void your warranty in any way?? This "tampering" may be used by Ford to deny warranty service if something should happen. Are we safe here??

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I should investigate. Big question is does this void your warranty in any way?? This "tampering" may be used by Ford to deny warranty service if something should happen. Are we safe here??
I don't know but I don't think so because all you are doing is turning on or off features they already programmed into the various modules. I did see that you can turn off the horn honk thing that you didn't like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I pulled this link to a FORScan tutorial from the F150 forum that may be useful

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

Here is a link to his (the person that wrote the above doc) spreadsheet showing all of the areas that you can adjust.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

Please be careful. As we figured out, when doing changes on the Edges, this F-150 sheet is not a 100% thing. Some settings that work on the 150 were not the same on the Edge, and even year matters. Like the 16/17 Expy are the same vehicle, but might have differences in what codes/changes will work.

Since we are partly entering uncharted territory as far as I can tell on the 15-17 Expy, we need to be methodical?

Here are my suggestions:

• When you are in a module, save the whole module as a base before you make a change.
  • Make one change at a time, commit it, and make sure it had the desired results.
While this is a good tool, it can screw some things up, and it does not hold your hand through the process, so take you time.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I am sure Ford could find a way if they wanted to. I do not know of anybody that has gotten hassled about it. My Tech when he was working on the Expy, came and asked me how I switched the boot screen. He was going to do it to his Mustang GT.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know but I don't think so because all you are doing is turning on or off features they already programmed into the various modules. I did see that you can turn off the horn honk thing that you didn't like.

I specifically asked the dealership and service if this could be done (assuming it was a programming change) and the answer was no. They scheduled me in for an all day appointment to have that done under warranty by tearing into the dash. Seeing many headaches coming from that I cancelled the work and decided to suck it up and live with it.

BUT, if this ForScan can make that change, why would Ford not know about it? Their engineers wrote the code... If it is true that I can make this change with ForScan, I will investigate. Maybe even ask Ford Service about it.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I specifically asked the dealership and service if this could be done (assuming it was a programming change) and the answer was no. They scheduled me in for an all day appointment to have that done under warranty by tearing into the dash. Seeing many headaches coming from that I cancelled the work and decided to suck it up and live with it.

BUT, if this ForScan can make that change, why would Ford not know about it? Their engineers wrote the code... If it is true that I can make this change with ForScan, I will investigate. Maybe even ask Ford Service about it.
Which honk do you want to remove?

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which honk do you want to remove?

When I need to get out of the vehicle (in park while running) with the key fob in my pocket, I close the door and the vehicle beeps twice as a reminder that it is still running and no key is present. Drives me nuts. My wife's 2015 Venza does not do this and no other vehicle I have owned has done this. No option to disable.

Dealership does not know how to disable the double honk.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I need to get out of the vehicle (in park while running) with the key fob in my pocket, I close the door and the vehicle beeps twice as a reminder that it is still running and no key is present. Drives me nuts. My wife's 2015 Venza does not do this and no other vehicle I have owned has done this. No option to disable.

Dealership does not know how to disable the double honk.

That can definitely be changed with a little coding. Did it on the Edge, haven't heard of a vehicle it does not work on. i will confirm it on the Expy later this week.