ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
I have downloaded the latest List and I haven't seen anything about global windows. I've looked through about 30 pages on here and haven't seen anything on this. Is Global windows possible on 15-17's?
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have downloaded the latest List and I haven't seen anything about global windows. I've looked through about 30 pages on here and haven't seen anything on this. Is Global windows possible on 15-17's?
Thanks in advance.

Nope. Not that I have found. If you find a setup that works, post up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to make the vehicle accept a new remote fob through forscan? For whatever reason mine won’t accept the 8 cycles of on-off in the ignition trick. I’ve tried every permutation I’ve seen a video on, and no luck.

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
Nope. Not that I have found. If you find a setup that works, post up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do we know if all the windows have modules? My drivers window is the only one that has the auto up/down, this makes me think it won't be possible. Not that it's a huge deal but it would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed we dont have HS3-CAN in the 15-17 Expeditions. But I see I-CAN ... is that equivalent to HS3 ?

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My drivers window is the only one that has the auto up/down...

You can add Auto Up/Down to the passenger side by swapping in a motor from a Navigator since they come with it standard for both front windows. You'd also need to replace the driver's master window switch (not sure about the passenger switch) as the wiring is slightly different. You might need to make some minor tweaks to the wire harness as well.

As for the rear windows, on other Ford vehicles there's a door module in each door that directly controls the windows, thus the option of operating all of them remotely. We don't have that option -- even with Auto Up/Down since that feature isn't controlled by a module in our trucks but rather by the door motor itself.

Now, if you wanted to get really ambitious you might be able to install a Ford door module and use it to control your window motor (which you'd have to swap), but you'd also have to deal with the network signalling needed to control it. For example, the switches in vehicles with modules look the same as ours but they don't switch any power. Instead, they're LINbus units that transmit a signal over a single wire to the module.

11henrs

Reaction score
Hey all! I just read all of this and did a few things myself. Thanks for an amazing write up and the time taken to find them. One thing I’m very interested in is an accurate readout for coolant temp. Is that available? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk