ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TK13LG

Reaction score
Update on my remote start. Finally made it down to Home Depot to get them cut. They did it for free...perks of being a woman. Made the changes in ForScan, and followed the instructions on this video:
I now have remote start...factory, not aftermarket. When I purchased my Expy they told me it would be an aftermarket install that was going to run $1000. My total cost, less than $100...for keys and Scantool OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

Have done some additional modes like DRL, Bambi Mode, Seatbelt chime off, Keys in ignition off, horn off on lock. Try to see what else might be fun to add.

Thanks for all those that have contributed to this thread as it has been a huge help.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on my remote start. Finally made it down to Home Depot to get them cut. They did it for free...perks of being a woman. Made the changes in ForScan, and followed the instructions on this video:
I now have remote start...factory, not aftermarket. When I purchased my Expy they told me it would be an aftermarket install that was going to run $1000. My total cost, less than $100...for keys and Scantool OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

Have done some additional modes like DRL, Bambi Mode, Seatbelt chime off, Keys in ignition off, horn off on lock. Try to see what else might be fun to add.

Thanks for all those that have contributed to this thread as it has been a huge help.
TK,

That's really awesome. I love hearing stories like this.

TK13LG

Reaction score
Increase radio on time after truck shut down.

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxXx xxxx xxxx change X to 6

This changes the radio power-off delay to 60 minutes after the truck is shut off. Wait for the ignition power to time out and then turn the radio back on with the RADIO power button. Alternatively, after turning off the ignition, open and close any door to disable accessory power. Then press the radio power button to turn radio back on. It will now stay on for the extended time amount.

Dutchie

Reaction score

That's great news. Are you now able to turn the remote start on/off in the driver info display?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another change to your Sync 3 screen for those who like something different:

Volume display - APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx ?*** xxxx....change the ? to 0-Round (default), 1-Square (see pics)

Volume Control - Round.jpg Volume Control - Square.jpg

dwelch02

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New member here as we are new owners of a 2015 Limited Tuxedo Black. Very excited to have the ecoboost but not really looking forward to keeping care of the black!

Anyways great thread love all the tips. Just ordered the OBDlink MX tool and registering for Forscan. Will be doing the DRL fog lights (wife not happy it did not have DRL already) and all that.

Perusing through this thread though has there been a conclusion on how to get the auto folding mirrors? How about the mirror auto down when put in reverse? (this is what I really like to do so my wife has an easier time backing up into spaces). I had an older Denali that put the mirrors down in reverse and was really handy. Sorry if I missed it in this thread, tons of information but didn't seem to see an answer to the mirrors. Thanks!

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone! New member here as we are new owners of a 2015 Limited Tuxedo Black. Very excited to have the ecoboost but not really looking forward to keeping care of the black!

Anyways great thread love all the tips. Just ordered the OBDlink MX tool and registering for Forscan. Will be doing the DRL fog lights (wife not happy it did not have DRL already) and all that.

Perusing through this thread though has there been a conclusion on how to get the auto folding mirrors? How about the mirror auto down when put in reverse? (this is what I really like to do so my wife has an easier time backing up into spaces). I had an older Denali that put the mirrors down in reverse and was really handy. Sorry if I missed it in this thread, tons of information but didn't seem to see an answer to the mirrors. Thanks!

No go on auto fold mirrors and reverse mirror tilt. Welcome to the Forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1