From Explorer to Expediton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My name is Matt & I am from Nashville Tennessee.

My first Ford was a 1998 Explorer Eddie Bauer. I blew the motor on the highway after minutes of owning it.

That did not sway me away from Fords one bit. I immediately started searching for another Eddie Bauer edition. I saw this beautiful 1998 Expedition Eddie Bauer & fell in love.

Since I've owned it I've thrown a 0402 & 0401 code, but easily fixed it myself with a new EGR Valve & EGR Presser Sensor.

I have two other problems that I'm working on atm: squeaky front end when turning the wheel or sometimes going over bumps & a leak coming from one of the 2 hoses that go into the oil filter.

I do have over 200,000 miles on it, I know, I know... but I don't mind putting the work and money into it.

I plan on getting 350,000 miles out of my EB & then retire em.

I look to getting helpful information from ya guys & throw in some myself if I can. I look forward to talking to ya guys.

-Matt

Interceptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello Matt, good to have you on board. Sorry that I'm not the mechanical type to help with your challenges.. but I have no doubt some of the others who are can chime in. Welcome!

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Howdy do! 200k miles? Thats nothing! I've seen plenty of them with so much more that that...