From Explorer to Expediton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Howdy do! 200k miles? Thats nothing! I've seen plenty of them with so much more that that...

I believe ya! I just hope the tranny or the motor doesn't give out on me. anything major at that.

So far the engine seems to be running really good & shifting from gear to gear cleanly. (automatic)

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the leak, I dont know. But I do know that on my 89 mustang race car it leaked. I resealed the tranny, still leaked. Sold the motor and tranny, and the car still leaked. So Im in no position to offer leaking advice.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now the leak, I dont know. But I do know that on my 89 mustang race car it leaked. I resealed the tranny, still leaked. Sold the motor and tranny, and the car still leaked. So Im in no position to offer leaking advice.

The leak is coming from one of the two hoses(well that's where the oil is showing up on) that run into the oil filter, I believe..

Don't judge me, but I just wrapped the hose in duct tape :whymewhyme: (both) & hope that I sealed it. ( If it's coming from there)

The oil went from half full to almost empty in about one month before I made this "fix".

The dipstick is so damn hard to read though, it's weird... I've never seen one like it...

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome! i love explorers..have a few myself but also have a expy and excursion..love them all! hope yours runs forever for you!