Frustration had pushed me to a decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
20180817_232801.jpg 20180817_194046-1.jpg Gentlemen,

I've decided to fabricate major accessories for the Expedition. HD bumpers and side guards (To replace the running boards. And to make my Mega Rear Guard available soon. I'm ordering material on Monday.

The ultimate goal is to provide a real suspension lift for the Expedition.

Last edited:

Phoenician_07

Reaction score
View attachment 26313 View attachment 26312 Gentlemen,

I've decided to fabricate major accessories for the Expedition. HD bumpers and side guards (To replace the running boards. And to make my Mega Rear Guard available soon. I'm ordering material on Monday.

The ultimate goal is to provide a real suspension lift for the Expedition.

Any progress on this? I’ve seen you talk about it in a few posts and I’m really interested.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I finished the resr guard and it was amazing over engineering.

And now to tell y'all why I've postponed the fabrication for a couple months.

I had to go to.. Ugh... Houston. I don't like Houston. Something bad always happens when I go to Houston.
I got road raged by a crazy guy in Houston who ended up taking four shots at me with a .40cal semi-auto. I was able to keep from getting hit but Bonnie was hit twice. She now has one bullet lodged in her headliner and one that was intended for my head, that was stopped by the second row seat. I had to replace the rear window that was blown out by the first shot.

In the end, the only way I had available to stop his attack was to lay on my brakes and let the rager impale his Yukon XL into that rear guard at almost 60mph.
The guard did spectacularly. That Yukon was totaled in one hit. I drove away without any holes in my body and only a couple dimples in my rear hatch. The guard took 99% off the impact and transferred that energy to his vehicle.20180904_095255-800x600.jpg 20180904_095947-800x600.jpg 20180908_112750-800x600.jpg 20180908_112728-800x600.jpg

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finished the resr guard and it was amazing over engineering.

And now to tell y'all why I've postponed the fabrication for a couple months.

I had to go to.. Ugh... Houston. I don't like Houston. Something bad always happens when I go to Houston.
I got road raged by a crazy guy in Houston who ended up taking four shots at me with a .40cal semi-auto. I was able to keep from getting hit but Bonnie was hit twice. She now has one bullet lodged in her headliner and one that was intended for my head, that was stopped by the second row seat. I had to replace the rear window that was blown out by the first shot.

In the end, the only way I had available to stop his attack was to lay on my brakes and let the rager impale his Yukon XL into that rear guard at almost 60mph.
The guard did spectacularly. That Yukon was totaled in one hit. I drove away without any holes in my body and only a couple dimples in my rear hatch. The guard took 99% off the impact and transferred that energy to his vehicle.View attachment 28214 View attachment 28215 View attachment 28216 View attachment 28217
I need the end of the story brother! Did he flee the Yukon? Was he arrested? I'm so glad you are ok!

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I need the end of the story brother! Did he flee the Yukon? Was he arrested? I'm so glad you are ok!

While I was escaping his attack, he called 911 and gave them a compete fabrication of events and HPD bought it. I'm waiting for all the evidence to be gathered (Traffic cams, witness accounts, security cams from businesses) so they can clear me completely as he claimedI was the road rager even though he was chasing me and firing his weapon while driving. Two of his rounds did not make contact with myself or Bonnie so they could've killed an innocent bystander so, he got lucky.

I'm also waiting for the police evidence photos showing the extent of the damage to his Yukon XL so I can use them as documentation that the rear guard will take one hell of a hit and save your SUVs/trucks from damage caused by idiots that are driving distracted.

I also now will add 2" of length to the solid 2x2 cold rolled portion that goes into the hitch. I'm thinking those two inches would've negated the two dimples I suffered to my rear gate.

Capture+_2018-09-20-15-41-56.png

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've probably got 40,000 miles in Houston. Spent 3-4 years between the medical district / Baylor methodist & Rice Hospitals and a rental house up in the Woodlands.

40K miles on I-45's non-stop construction, 610 chaos and Hardy Turnpike's congestion. 7 days a week.

Never once any road rage.

Watched knuckheads go at it with each other few times a week though. And it was ALWAYS knuckleheads going at it. You should be thankful that you aren't a victim instead of fooling others into thinking you were.

And you are thinking about adding to the hitch, huh?

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
Well... If you consider 4/5 quick honks at someone sitting for 20+ seconds at a green light to finish whatever they're doing on their phone with zero consideration for those behind their selfish ass as my 'instigating' roadrage from some low IQ motard then yes, I totally deserved to get chased and shot at. His response was justified for my daring to want to move after the light turned green.

Houston IS a ********.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having something like that on the back of your truck would get you pulled over in Florida. The fact that you were charged in the incident says a lot. The other individual involved probably had cell phone video to back up his version of what happened. A better choice might've been to move to the right and let 'em pass by.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What did he/does he have on the back of his expedition? I feel confused/lost how that much road rage could happen.