Fuel Economy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got to san antonio tx, 1700 miles avg about 70ish mph avg 23.4mpg per computer

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What sorcery is this? Were you driving downhill, unloaded, on the highway?
Perhaps was being towed behind a motorhome or had a huge tailwind! Best I’ve been able to get is about 20.5 mpg with cruise set at 69 mph.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drive slow and steady. Dropped 2 mpg after my tune. After getting bigger tires/wheels, it just got worse.
What tune? I’ve got 5star 93 perf on my 16 and the girl moves!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 03 Navigator gets about 18-19. Just drive easy. Just got back from a trip in my own 2004 Trailblazer with a 4.2 getting a little over 19 at 62 to 70 all the time.
It seems underpowered and lethargic compared to our 01 Expedition or the Navigator. It will go you just have to give it more gas and let it shift. I prefer our Expedition or the Navigator as you really don't have to give them more gas or just a little bit and they just smoothly move right along.
Not bad they're considering it has 219000 miles and I haven't change the oil in 13,000 miles. I've added about 2 qts but it was way past due for a change. It was fairly dark looking Brown but it was still on the brown side kind of a pukey brown but darker. It wasn't into the black stages yet.