fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how often do you guys change your fuel filter......... and do you notice anything after the change, or is it just preventive maint

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how often do you guys change your fuel filter......... and do you notice anything after the change, or is it just preventive maint

Just about on all of my vehicles I change the filter every 6000 to 7500 miles basicly after my 2nd spark plug and oil change. I just do it that often for a since of secruity, that and if something happens fuel related I can scratch that off my list. Cause its new

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I probably need to change mine on the exped...Im sure the PO never changed it.

I changed it on my old 7.3idi and saw a huge difference.

OP
OP
hovocop

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what was the difference noticed....... gas milage, power, ?????? .............. at only $10 for part plus another $10 for tool........ not bad if I notice a difference

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not much difference. i just do it when im like might as well. since its cheap. last time i did it was at 150k. i dont think it has ever been done before that. just letting you know. fuel will get EVERYWHERE!!! find a big clean bucket or bowl and save it. its like $2.34 you spill when you take it off. haha and yes exactly $2.34 is how much fuel you waste. :smokin:

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have done it every 30K miles as recommended in the manual. I can't say I have seen an increase in gas mileage or power when it is changed though.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Here's the rule of thumb. If you notice a difference after you changed the fuel filter, you waited too long to change the fuel filter.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the rule of thumb. If you notice a difference after you changed the fuel filter, you waited too long to change the fuel filter.

I agree. You should not notice a difference when you change it. I do it once a year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2