Fuel Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any got a step by step procedure on how to change a Fuel Filter on 07 Expedition EB..? Or can fix it for me in Chicago Area? Thanks

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you believe there to be something wrong with it or just doing preventative maintenance? I have the same fuel filter in the truck from when it was new... Granted I have been meaning to change it for a couple years now. Otherwise here is a how-to I found on a different Ford site.

Fuel Filter change...how & where - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

OP
OP
Slick773

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I don't believe something is wrong, but I will try anything that sounds reasonable to try and fix my truck!!

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI, mine didn't have the blue clips mentioned in that thread. I think mine were red. And they fit differently. But the red clips had to come out before the fuel line could be disconnected. They were like second lock to keep the line connected. Total PITA.

Personally I've always swapped fuel filters every 30K miles or so. Preventative maintenance IMO.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not diagnose the problem vs throwing parts at it, unless you plan on totally rebuilding the truck.

OP
OP
Slick773

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is no engine light on, the only thing that was told to me that there was water in my air box ... The only thing left to do change last 4 plugs and packs and pray!!!!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree. Your fuel filter would not be allowing water to get to the air box, since the two systems dont really connect until inside the cylinders. If the water is on the dirty side of the filter (towards the fender) then I would recommend not hitting big puddles anymore... The inside of my airbox is caked in mud on the dirty side haha. If it is on the clean side (towards the motor) then i would replace the air filter and make sure it is making a good tight seal.

If that does not do the trick, then start checking the tube for leaks. Do you have the stock air intake or do you have a cold air intake?

OP
OP
Slick773

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a stock intake, but I was thinking of upgrading but not sure yet!!