Full AV install, 99 Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
still no vinyl for the pods but I did find this.........
8F80EE1D-27AE-4922-8C6A-D26DBB619903-876-000000BE8DCAA467_zps2dd83eae.jpg

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bit the bullet and ordered the minimum 5 yards of 4 way stretch vinyl that's colour matched. I have a few other places I can use it. Also I am trying to find some time to install the 6to8 and all the extra wiring that goes along with it.

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Little update, vinyl came in. It was terrible and I sent it back. Really thin, inconsistent colour and weird grain. So waiting on new stuff, again.....

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the speakers on the front !

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update
New vinyl is in and its perfect. Just need a few hours to do it. Oh and maybe some warmer weather.

But now I need to do a bunch of work to the truck. Replacement headers I got do not fit worth a damn so I just got stock replacements and am powder coating them tomorrow. Along with that I am replacing nearly the whole EGR system as well as spark plugs, injectors, fuel filter and thermostat. Gotta love check engine lights.

Oh and the 2 piece pods are a no go. Mocked them up and they dont work. so sticking with the originals.

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I am toying with the idea of a new build for the back of the truck. Any one interested in the current enclosures/walls? (no electronics)

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So looks like a new build for the rear of the truck is in the works now. Going to have a few more features that what I currently have as well as some more form and functionality. Stay tuned.

dRwOOD

Reaction score
Nice work, I assume you unloaded the enclosures?? Man, this site is going to be the death of me (or just my marriage.. lol). I thought I might be done with custom installs when I traded my Accord in for my 06 Expedition.. but I can't just stay stock - it's just not in my nature ;)

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I have never been able to leave my vehicles alone. Even the odd winter beater I had got mods done. Mine took so long to do as I did it in spare time, 30minutes here. 20 there an hour here. if you look at the last full pic of the rear you can see the baby monitor, working during naps lol

As for the setup, its still in the truck and I am enjoying it. I am working now to get everything together for the next build as I want to just be able to go and not worry about anything else as this one should be quite significant.

Texpedition

Reaction score
Dam this looks great...you should sell a pattern for this rear cargo area...I thought about having the rear side glass removed and steel panels put over the glass area and all welded and filled in to match the truck....kinda like a panel Expy....it would make it one of one.....

I got to reading through this thread and enjoying the pictures of the sound system install when I ran across this quote. I've been thinking about the same steel panel mod for the back of my Expy and am glad to know I'm not the only one. Have you done any research into having this done?