Full Stainless Catalytic and Exhaust Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Hope it holds up well. All "Stainless" isn't alike.

The OEM exhaust is good for over 20 years and 200K miles, while the Walker 'Stainless' lasts maybe 3 years. They even say so on their Web site.

Glad the O2 sensors came out easily. Just wrestled with one in a Jeep for hours.

There's some good stuff out there and a lot of junk. Usually the price sorts them out.

CGS = China.

Boy I read your post a year too late. I purchased the Walker SS cat back and muffler a year ago. That muffler looks like my 20 year old OE muffler already.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Boy I read your post a year too late. I purchased the Walker SS cat back and muffler a year ago. That muffler looks like my 20 year old OE muffler already.
You know I learned that the hard way too. Twice. Maybe three times. And then I called Walker. Here's where they sent me:

"As a rough rule of thumb, however, a typical life expectancy of a WALKER PREMIUM AFTERMARKET EXHAUST SYSTEM should be in the neighborhood of two to three years..."

https://www.walkerexhaust.com/support/exhaust-101/why-exhaust-systems-wear-out.html#:~:text=Determining the Lifespan of the Exhaust System&text=As a rough rule

Yup, Walker Stainless: Two to three years, according to Walker, under ideal conditions. They got some balls. And they're made in Pennsylvania. Let's see how the Zhejiang Provence ones do?

Last edited: