Fumoto oil drain valve help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue. So I wanted to get the Fumoto oil drain valve to make my oil changes easier. I went with the one with the long nipple to attack a 3/8 hose to to make it as easy as possible. The website told me that would be the F137N M12 - 1.75 model. The problem arose 4 months later when I went to change my oil. It doesn't seem to be the same size as my stock drain plug at all. It's way to large and will not thread in the hole. Is this because I have the tow package or something on my Expedition? Any help would be appreciated.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year do you have? That's strange because my Valvomax is M12-1.75 (Just checked my order history) and I have the tow package on my 2019 and had no issues.

Last edited:

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year do you have? That's strange because my Valvomax is M12-1.75 (Just checked my order history) and I have the tow package on my 2018 and had no issues.

I was just about to buy the same for my ‘22. Have it on the wife’s car and great investment.
Mine tags in as a M12-1.75 also, have not installed yet.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine installed fine, so unless they changed something in later years, it should work. I've yet to use it though, eagerly awaiting that next oil change like a kid on Christmas. :D

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was just about to buy the same for my ‘22. Have it on the wife’s car and great investment.
Mine tags in as a M12-1.75 also, have not installed yet.
I bought the same thing in Fumoto for my 22. Just been waiting for the next oil change to put it on. I still am not sure what to do about the felt “shield” thing though. I wish I could run something to the edge of that so I didn’t even have to mess with it.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the same thing in Fumoto for my 22. Just been waiting for the next oil change to put it on. I still am not sure what to do about the felt “shield” thing though. I wish I could run something to the edge of that so I didn’t even have to mess with it.
The main reason I'm getting it is to avoid taking the damn felt cover off every time. I'm going to probably cut a small hand size access spot just in front of the drain plug, so i can screw in the hose and start the flow. 10x better than having to take the entire cover off every time.
I don't want to remove the entire cover, or cut too much off, as it does provide some minor protection from small debris.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The main reason I'm getting it is to avoid taking the damn felt cover off every time. I'm going to probably cut a small hand size access spot just in front of the drain plug, so i can screw in the hose and start the flow. 10x better than having to take the entire cover off every time.
I don't want to remove the entire cover, or cut too much off, as it does provide some minor protection from small debris.
The shield is not there for protection. It is for air flow and probably just aerodynamics. It also is good at collecting dirt and mud and also gets jacked up pretty bad if it comes in contact with dirt or mud.