Fumoto oil drain valve help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

Reaction score
I have an F137N Fumoto on our '21 Expedition, also with the tow package.
M12 x 1.75
Not much help except to confirm that the fitment listing is correct in my case.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I will report back to everyone later this week. I think that I am going to drain the oil into a clean catch pan and take another shot at the valve. Maybe I just wasn't getting it to thread right. I was originally rushed and didn't have time to investigate much. Then i'll just pour the fresh oil back into the engine. I'd hate to waste 6qt of synthetic.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will report back to everyone later this week. I think that I am going to drain the oil into a clean catch pan and take another shot at the valve. Maybe I just wasn't getting it to thread right. I was originally rushed and didn't have time to investigate much. Then i'll just pour the fresh oil back into the engine. I'd hate to waste 6qt of synthetic.
Good luck, it's a pain in the a$$ to get it from a basin back into the engine without some contamination or a mess.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ok so you guys aren't going to believe this. I haven't gotten a chance to pull the stock plug and do a side by side, But I WAS able to get a buddies cheap tap and die set. He also brought over HIS Fumoto which is a M12 1.25. Not even CLOSE to the same diameter! Mine was way fatter side by side. Reminded me of highschool locker room , I kid. grabbed the M12 1.75 to try and run it on and not even close. Looks like I wasn't crazy! What IS crazy is that the bag it was delivered in specifically SAYS F137N M12 1.175 so my guess is that either there was some random mess-up at the factory, or more likely someone didn't check his part number and bought the wrong size after throwing away the bag, bought the right one, threw the old wrong one in the bag, stapled it shut, and returned it. Let me ask you guys this, do your Fumoto's have identifying forging marks on them? I ask because this one is stamped F106 W97. F106 looks like it is a 14mm and would make a lot of sense as to why its too big.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, still better than being screwed up on the truck side of things I guess. I'd contact them and see if they can do an exchange.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Well, still better than being screwed up on the truck side of things I guess. I'd contact them and see if they can do an exchange.
Trying to but I purchase from Amazon back in November for my NEXT oil change which was last week. long past return date of 30 days. Maybe they will make an acception. Does yours have forge marks that concur with the model number?

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a Fumoto, I chose the Valvomax instead. That sucks about it being through Amazon. Probably stuck with it at this point. Sucks.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
So most likely mystery solved. Amazon special approved my return so good news there. Also the 'New" F137N came in and does indeed appear noticeably smaller, as well as having the appropriate "F137" forging marks on the side of the body. Not sure what the other 2 codes on the body are but F137 is clearly stamped. Hope this help others out there and don't wish this headache on anyone else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni