Fusebox door is jammed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganchan

Reaction score
My power window button is no longer working. I figured it might be a fuse, but I just realized that my fusebox panel door (which I've never had to open before) seems to be jammed shut. Is there an easy way to pry the thing open without destroying it?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see from you sig. line you have a 2000 expy Now would you care to let us know which fuse box you can't get the cover off as there are TWO fuse boxes in the 2000 expy

OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
I'm talking about the dashboard panel to the left of the steering wheel. It may or may not be the right panel to check -- but I'd still like to be able to open it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Press hard on the tabs

Are all the window switches NOT working or just some of them

It always helps to give as much info as possible Be specific

OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
All the power windows have been working fine until just the other day, when the driver's side window stopped responding to the button. It's stuck in the fully-up position, which is actually OK with me most of the time. The button makes a click when I press it, but I hear no other electrical or mechanical sound.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you looking between the parking brake release and the hood release?

For interior panels, use a VINYL PRYBAR aka "trim puller"

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The first edition expys have a pull down panel for the inside cab fuse box. Theirs a 30 amp fuse in the fuse box under hood #601, that box is fun to get open. Inside cab theirs a 15 amp fuse #14 for power windows. If only one window stopped working, my guess its either the switch, or the motor itself down in the door failed. Drivers window gets used 10 times as much as others. Pop the window switch panel and check the drivers door switch with a continuity light. See if you got power to the switch, then rock the switch to open and close, see if corresponding terminals light. If they all do, its probably the motor. Keep us posted what you find. Moose.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
Will do, thanks. May just let the mechanic do it, since I have some other stuff scheduled soon anyway.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
There is a button on the door panel, to disable passenger window switches. I am not sure if driver is affected. 2, I had a Lincoln town car, that its rear windows, would stick. I would hit button, to lower them and nothing. A couple of good door slams and some up and down with button, got them working.

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, my driver's window in my 2000 EB just started doing the same thing.

There's an electrical/relay click down in the area of the in-cab fuse panel/GEM, but the window doesn't move. All three other windows work just fine. Since I hear that click, I don't think it's the switch assembly.

Hoping it's not the motor/relay assembly, because those are just a pain in the butt to replace.