FX4 and LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oddly, I actually havent driven the truck at night or in the rain(it rained alot this wknd here 2) since i put them in lol. Ima find an excuse to go ride tonight.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish i took pics. wife drove her last night, what a difference. Cost me 80 bux(50 for lights, 30 for tools) and 45 min for both jobs, worth it. My old nav had hids, the leds blow them away. I had to get the driver side light replaced 2, cost me 1200

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the update
Did you have to remove the grill to replace them?
Special tools?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, you can access the lights through the wheel well. I needed to buy a specific wrench to unscrew the screws in the liners, they are crazy small and i had to buy a full set of L wrenches to get the right size. Once you unscrew and pop open the liners, jus reach up and take out/put in the lights. The foglights were harder becuz the clips holding the bulbs in were tighter and the wiring had less give. Headlights took 5 min apiece. Plenty of room to put the led mods behind the bulb as well. Dc put out the groundwrk to do it, went on youtube and looked it up. The2018 f150 has the exact same process.