gem module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

what year is yours and what year did the other gem come from

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
mine is a 97 and it is from a 97 I turn my 98 hey said Im have electrical problems If heat o at all my dash lights dim when I turn the blower on high the dash lights light up and I lose my turn singles

B

bedrck46

you can try it also look on the gem and it should something like utility A4WD or anything to that affect make sure both gems read the same but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't solve your problem unless you did all the troubleshooting that has been suggested in your other post as I got the impression from your replies that you have a wiring problem. Hopefully I'm wrong

You mentioned that you think the gem was replaced before The gem Module should have a date of Mfg on it and it should be the same as the year of the expy if its a newer date that's a sure sign it has beer replaced
I have a 2001 in which my GEM has a date of 2007 and the fuse block has a date of 2009 sure sign that they were replaced

If indeed your GEM was replaced before I would carefully inspect all connections points for any signs of corrosion bent pins or anything that looks like it has be damaged

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
my gem says it is 4wd I just got one for a 97 98 expedition and navigator that says a4wd so I ordered it for $69 should have it in a few days....

B

bedrck46

Hopefully it solves your problem Kindly keep the forum updared

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
so last night we went out and needed to use the heat and I lose all dash lights and radio lights as soon as the heat is turned on... Is this something the gem could be causing to mess up all this started July 12 on the way home from vacation. It started with the 4x4 being on when the switch was in the off position then we had the ac on and lost the front blower. Even with just my lights on my turn single and high beam indictor are lighting up. This is my 3rd expedition and I have never had this problem. I have owed a 2001 and a 2005 now I own a 97 and I'm starting to hate my suv..