Gen 4 Aftermarket Fixed Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptX4

Reaction score
‘23 Timberline on order. Looking for aftermarket fixed running board options thinking the stock boards look cheap. Can’t find any fixed options online.

Interested if anyone knows if Raptor or F150 Tremor boards will fit the Expedition.

CamMO

Reaction score
I can confirm that Raptor boards dont just bolt on to a regular length Exp... i bought a knockoff steel set (oem is cast aluminum) that looks just like raptor boards. Part of the reason i went with steel knockoff is that i could shorten them easier if they didnt fit...

for the short wheelbase expedition, i am cutting them down by 12.5" off the raptor boards. I'm in the process of cutting them down and welding them up now, then I'll coat them in raptorliner. I'm curious if the MAX expeditions would be a direct fit for raptor boards?

i'll make a post on my project when i'm done with it...

Last edited:

66Vette

Reaction score
I know you didn't ask this, but have you thought about aftermarket boards? I put AMP Research automatic steps on my '19 Tundra. My '13 Expedition has the automatic steps and I love them. Not much difference between the two and if checked out, one might find that AMP made the running boards for the Expedition....Just sayin'! A little pricey though.

OP
OP
R

RaptX4

Reaction score
Don’t want automatic boards and that’s all I can find in aftermarket place. Was hoping raptor boards would match up or find a fixed set solution

skoryd

Reaction score
I felt the same way when I first got my Timberline. I did a ton of measuring supercab & crewcab Raptors & Tremors. They just won’t work unfortunately. I eventually settled on being ok with the factory boards. I guess they looked less cheap to me once I realized that they weren’t plastic.

OP
OP
R

RaptX4

Reaction score
Good to know they aren't plastic. Some level of conjecture of an Expedition Raptor. Hopefully it'll be build on the current chasis and the Raptor running boards would be a fit. Miy Exp is being built this week.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I’m not sure what fits, but want to mention the wheelbase on a standard Expedition (not Max) is closest to a F150 Standard Cab with 6.5 ft Box (Exp 122.5, F150 122.8). So, that may be why boards for CrewCab F150’s won’t line up.