Good shocks for stock '07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewtoy

Reaction score
Hi,

Need to replace my shocks after 137k miles. What are good replacements and where to get?

Not looking to lift or lower, just good ride and towing.

Thanks!

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Put Bilstein on mine, in the rear. Really like them. Think I got them from Amazon or eBay.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Used Bilsteins on my 2000. A little stiff but I loved them. Have held up well over 100K miles. I'd consider them for my 08 when the time comes.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My GatorL on Monroes (same truck mechanically... mileage on the quickstruts: unknown) rides a LOT smoother than my Expy on Ranchos (mileage 10k)

Could be the LWB or even the gator-ness (don't really see why though, same suspension)...More body roll and shit though, so Im gonna go with saying it's the Monroe coilovers

Rancho is more performancey, handling is tight sway is minimal. Admittedly I dialed them in almost all the way, but I found the lower settings to be highly unpleasant with all the bobbing and diving and bouncing

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea... Another old thread revival.

Got an 07 EB Expedition. It has the Autotrac(?) RSC system on it. Does that system require a specific shock or can I just pick up a set of KYB, Bilsteins, or whatever and put them on?

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk