GOTTS MOD on 3rd Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok the headers with out the cat system your not going to hear anything. the headers alone with the factory cats, its going to sound like you have the stock exhaust manifold. the CAI with the plastic tubing I feel gives you more HP's...

I think there is a limited amount of company's that make the headers.. on my 2nd Gen I put Gibson ceramic coated headers for the heat. there are other brands out there but not many. I went with Gibson cus it looks pretty under the hood and they were cheap 590.00 or something like that (Autoanything)

OP
OP
dmercer3

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok the headers with out the cat system your not going to hear anything. the headers alone with the factory cats, its going to sound like you have the stock exhaust manifold. the CAI with the plastic tubing I feel gives you more HP's...

I think there is a limited amount of company's that make the headers.. on my 2nd Gen I put Gibson ceramic coated headers for the heat. there are other brands out there but not many. I went with Gibson cus it looks pretty under the hood and they were cheap 590.00 or something like that (Autoanything)

gotcha, Ill start looking there, thank you. Do you also mean to say I should be getting an after market cat system to go along with the magnaflow system? I just want to be certain here as the system I purchased says it is a 'cat-back' system: Magnaflow Performance Exhaust 16378 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System (16378).

Also, too late to dump the aFe and go CAI.. but I may look at that down the road.

Last edited:

CharlyG

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put an Aero Turbine on my Expy. It's not the real loud aggressive one. It's fine for me. I LOVE the sound of the V-8. And though it's built for comfort, you can hear me coming and going and removed some restrictions. And it's nowhere near 95db so I'm cool on the streets of LA. The airflow was fine on my 6.8L as well, FWIW.

Last edited:

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a magnaflow cat back system on my 2013 with a custom CIA that doesn’t pull hot air from under the hood. The real big gain I got was the addition of a tuner from 5 star tuning and running e-85. Huge increase all the way around.5876823A-8D76-4BC6-BE5A-28367D5C51A1.jpeg30DF78A1-DD30-495F-AA72-64E927F21C85.jpegA5E28C83-7F44-4C59-AAD1-D3072E464216.jpeg