Grill compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
HawkX66, please forgive the somewhat off topic reply, but can you tell me the source of that winch bumper on the black Expy? I have a winch that I'm dying to put on my 2012 with not much success.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
HawkX66, please forgive the somewhat off topic reply, but can you tell me the source of that winch bumper on the black Expy? I have a winch that I'm dying to put on my 2012 with not much success.
Not off topic at all. That's the bumper I ordered. It's from Iron Bull.

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
Not off topic at all. That's the bumper I ordered. It's from Iron Bull.

Thanks very much. I will call them tomorrow and see if they can make something to fit my 2012 and accommodate the winch salvaged when my Super Duty got totaled.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Just a warning guys... As of right now I'm going to warn you away from Iron Bull. I had it out with them yesterday. I ordered my bumper in August and nothing yet. They're getting bad reviews for shipping times and such and now I'm getting emails that look like they were written by a Nigerian prince looking to split his fortune with you if you'll cash a check for him. Absolute BS. I called again and had a long "Heart to Heart" with their sales guy who is normal enough to talk to. I'm giving them one more week and I'm going to cancel my order.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I did finally get my bumper and for the most part I love it. If there is something wrong, forget it. They're idiots to deal with. Johnnie was the only one worth talking to, but he blames everything on "the Boss." In the end, I think it was Johnnie that got the bumper to me. They have someone named Melanie that I don't even think speaks English emailing for customer service. I thought I was dealing with a Nigerian Prince that needed a check cashed for quite a while...
Here are a couple of pics of it mocked up with a grill I picked up for an 07-14. I'll need to do some custom work to it. The lights on the 07 are taller than the 15+. Iron Bull sent the grill without the filler piece welded that goes across the bottom of the grill. It's the one we talked about earlier.

The lines will line up better when I replace the frame... It's just mocked up for now. Everything up there is out of whack.
I love the grill, but it came cracked because they didn't pack it well. The chrome part is just like factory ABS plastic, but the black and the rivets are metal. It's a lot more heavy duty than I thought it would be. The company is shipping me a new one.

45753907811_806ec07136_z.jpg

They match pretty well. Wasn't even on purpose lol

45703416502_93fde2d944_z.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you might be able to get the 07-14 grille to fit once I saw the bumper. If you look at the grille and headlight fitment lines it’s really made for the 07-14 front end but is compatible with the 15-17. Good deal!

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I thought you might be able to get the 07-14 grille to fit once I saw the bumper. If you look at the grille and headlight fitment lines it’s really made for the 07-14 front end but is compatible with the 15-17. Good deal!
Let me finish with it before celebrating lol. It looks like everything will be good for the most part, but I'm thinking I might need to chop the bottom corners of the 07 grill a little down low. The 07 headlights being taller than the 17 might throw a monkey wrench in things. It's hard to tell because of my alignment issues due to the frame being bent. I haven't gone farther than mocking it up for now, so I can't confirm much yet.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me finish with it before celebrating lol. It looks like everything will be good for the most part, but I'm thinking I might need to chop the bottom corners of the 07 grill a little down low. The 07 headlights being taller than the 17 might throw a monkey wrench in things. It's hard to tell because of my alignment issues due to the frame being bent. I haven't gone farther than mocking it up for now, so I can't confirm much yet.

That looks pretty good.

Looks a lot like a fella's Expedition, he had a trailer attached to, not that long ago, that I delivered a massive beast of a bumper to, dat you Mark?

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
It's Dave, but yessah. That was me. It was great talking to you that day.
That looks pretty good.

Looks a lot like a fella's Expedition, he had a trailer attached to, not that long ago, that I delivered a massive beast of a bumper to, dat you Mark?