Had brake line replaced, now getting "Check Backup Aid"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yockmyer

Reaction score
Hello all,
2003 Expedition EB..I had the driver's side brake line replaced yesterday. Drove home and later got in to go to a football game. When I shifted to reverse, the message center came up with "Check Backup Aid". This was the first time since the line replacement that I had used reverse. Could it be tied somehow to the replacement of the brake line? Or just coinkydink? Thanks for reading.......

Jim

OP
OP
yockmyer

yockmyer

Reaction score
the sensor is probably dirty just clean your bumper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you for replying. I cleaned off the back bumper but issue still remains. No big deal, but I'm curious to know if the brake line install had anything to do with it. Thanks again.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I cleaned off the back bumper but issue still remains. No big deal, but I'm curious to know if the brake line install had anything to do with it. Thanks again.

From afar - i’d bet the mechanic damaged the wiring harness and/or sensor.

OP
OP
yockmyer

yockmyer

Reaction score
From afar - i’d bet the mechanic damaged the wiring harness and/or sensor.

Thank you for your reply...That's what I was thinking and like I stated, it's not a big deal More curious than anything and I am going to take a closer look and see if I can figure out what's up. Thanks again...

Sarge

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply...That's what I was thinking and like I stated, it's not a big deal More curious than anything and I am going to take a closer look and see if I can figure out what's up. Thanks again...
Check message center to see if sensor is on or off

OP
OP
yockmyer

yockmyer

Reaction score
Check message center to see if sensor is on or off

Thank you Sarge for your reply....the sensor is indeed on and has been working fine for the past month or so with no glitches. Must have been a burp in the system or something, but so far so good. Thank you againg for your suggestion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire