Hands Free Blue Cruise Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eamatherne

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Platinum yesterday. The "Hands Free" part of the Blue Cruise is not working. When I press the cruise control switch on the wheel, the system says that Blue Cruise is enabled. However, the Hands Free part doesnt work. The cruise system works, but after a while the system beeps and tells you to put your hands on the wheel. Anyone else expeience this issue. No OTA updates are available. All settings are correct. I have a 2022 F-150 that the Hands Free works in the same areas of the interstate.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems to be random for me. Sometimes it works right, and sometimes it works as you describe. Right now, my Expedition is nearly perfect, but my Mach E is being difficult.

John Auer

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Platinum yesterday. The "Hands Free" part of the Blue Cruise is not working. When I press the cruise control switch on the wheel, the system says that Blue Cruise is enabled. However, the Hands Free part doesnt work. The cruise system works, but after a while the system beeps and tells you to put your hands on the wheel. Anyone else expeience this issue. No OTA updates are available. All settings are correct. I have a 2022 F-150 that the Hands Free works in the same areas of the interstate.
I have the same issue with my new Expedition Platinum Max. Cruise works but no hands free.

OP
OP
E

eamatherne

Reaction score
I wonder if this is a "Ford" thing that no one knows about? My dealer doesnt have any information on it. I hate to bring the vehicle in to find out that this is a known issue.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone had this issue on their navigator in the lincoln forums. Dealer ran an update and fixed the problem.

John Auer

Reaction score
Kinda figured it out. In settings go to About SYNC. The last line in mine reads “Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-09-22.” We picked up the new vehicle on 09-30-22. I’ll be calling Ford Monday to alert the dealer as to how to do the software fix.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I advise driving against "hands free" no machine is trustworthy

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I advise driving against "hands free" no machine is trustworthy
It is the human element mixing with the auto drive that is scary. I would trust full atonomy driving over than 50% of the human drivers on the road today.
More and more people see driving as a chore and do anything to get out of it. So when they do drive they are using minimal effort and attention. That is scary!