Hardwiring radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gee, I learn something every day! I never saw those new remote adapters before.

I HAVE noticed that my detector doesn't seem to work nearly as well as it does in my car but thought that it was just my imagination. A couple year ago when I bought it, I disassembled it so I could seal all the openings for use behind the windscreen on my vstrom1000. Its always worked like a charm on the bike and has definitely saved me from more than one ticket had the officer chosen to pursue. I only say that because quite often, the police will use discretion if you are running a bike at 90mph on the superslabs but are riding like you own a brain.

When I installed it into my new truck, I did notice a drop in "perceived performance"(b/c I have no way to measure it). I'm now thinking of a new unit mounted in the grill.

Let us know where you ended up wiring it, I may want to follow your lead!

jeff

ElliottM

Reaction score
Hi, I am jumping on an old thread, I know. I have owned my 2016 Expy for all of two days now, and I'm looking to bring it up to ***** with the gadgets I had in its predecessor. Specifically, I am looking to wire a radar detector and a dashcam, and I am hoping to tap into wires in the overhead console. I have searched the threads here on this site and across the web with no luck finding a wiring diagram for the console. Any suggestions?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a hard back version...damn book is 1-1/2" thick of nothing but wiring diagrams for the 2016 Expy! There are one hell of a lot of diagrams in it! I figured that it was VERY close to the 17's so I bought it.

jeff

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to hard wire mine just need to get to it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk