headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
the f150s and expos are the same from the dash forward! doors are different. and engine trans and t case are the same. so idk why there would be issues. if theres issues for the expos wouldnt there be issues with the 150s? you shouldnt have to your a BFH on something that is semi universal.

My only concern is with over 1.5 million expys sold you would think the header companies would include the expys in the list if they did indeed fit. They all seem to have shorties for the expys but no long tubes. They went through the trouble to make/test shortys on the expys...... but no long tubes? Yet they have both for the F150.

I hope they do fit.. but don't want to be the first to test em.

I will be interested to hear racenuts observations on the difference if any between f150's and expys as far as header clearance goes. He should take measurements between various points to verify. Starter to firewall, block to firewall, etc...

:)We need to get this figured out :) lol ...because I plan on doing some major upgrades on the motor by the end of this coming summer. I would much prefer longtubes over shorties if I have that option.

Any volunteers to be the first guinea pig??:hmm:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
We should raise money for a good cause. Expy longtube header test fund!:pepper:

Send donations to toms89........:joke:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would do it just to see. i know some good guys that would do it for me. not for free, but cheaper. but i live in cali. i get caught with those i better give the guy a $50 to shut up.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only concern is with over 1.5 million expys sold you would think the header companies would include the expys in the list if they did indeed fit. They all seem to have shorties for the expys but no long tubes. They went through the trouble to make/test shortys on the expys...... but no long tubes? Yet they have both for the F150.

I hope they do fit.. but don't want to be the first to test em.

I will be interested to hear racenuts observations on the difference if any between f150's and expys as far as header clearance goes. He should take measurements between various points to verify. Starter to firewall, block to firewall, etc...

:)We need to get this figured out :) lol ...because I plan on doing some major upgrades on the motor by the end of this coming summer. I would much prefer longtubes over shorties if I have that option.

Any volunteers to be the first guinea pig??:hmm:

Thats bc the shorty header is a remanufactured factory header, yet people still buy them:nono:their is no research and developement into them. They take the factory one off, cast it, and copy it. Then sell it as a performance header. They did this with the G37 and people caught on real quick.

OP
OP

99exbyut

Reaction score
i know i will try them after i get back from my deplyment if no one has tryed it yet. cause i know if im going to put headers im not going to buy shortys. just going to put on bolt on stuff and the gotts mod intake.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i should have just got shortys. would have been the same price as my manifolds after everything was done to get new manifolds. o well. it would have been cool just to say i got headers, even if they were shortys and did nothing. haha

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Thats bc the shorty header is a remanufactured factory header, yet people still buy them:nono:their is no research and developement into them. They take the factory one off, cast it, and copy it. Then sell it as a performance header. They did this with the G37 and people caught on real quick.

Remanufactured shortys off of what? The stock exhaust manifold is a completely different design plus all the shorties are different depending on which manufacture. Out of all the ones I have seen I prefer the eldebrock shorties as these appear to have the smoothest transition but also expensive.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/65632/10002/-1?parentProductId=750190