headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
You might try contacting obx and ask them. If they do fit let me know... been looking for longtubes that will fit.

Heres a response I got from another manufacture that I asked the same question.

Hello,
We only have longtubes for the F-150. You could use them but will run into fitment issues underneath at the cross member / frame..... We currently have no plans to make any for this application. Thank you

Tim Lawler
Pacesetter
Sales/Service/Tech
602-266-1964

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
There must be something about the 1st gen expys that cause fitment issues because I have checked all manufactures I can think of and none make longtubes for the expy. Most make them for the F150 though. Thats a lot of money and effort to go thru to find out they dont fit so I have not tried any of the F150's version. Looking under my expy...... seems like plenty of room other than the starter to body clearance. Maybe there is more room here on the F150's ??

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if theres no demand for them its not beneficial for them to make them. Remember the market for f150s is ten fold ours

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All I can say is if you get them and they do fit PLEASE do a write up and let us all know!

I would love to put long tubes on mine when I get the money, and BTW that is a really good price.

I may just have to break down one of these days and pick up a cheap set of Flowtech headers for the F150 to see if they fit, and if not I have a BFH and a good welder and torch set :pepper:.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha a BFH! in autoshop we just called it MO for i need MO POWA!! haha then there was MO SENOR! daddy of MO! now that was BFH! and dont say what a BFH is. lets other people think about it. haha but i think i saw someone around my area have long tubes. i could see them cause he didnt have his inner fenders on. the only thing i can see that gets in the way is the transfer case cross member. but i dont think there is any difference from the expo to the f150 underneath. need to look under one now. but even then you can fab up some sort of mount or just bend the tube.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha a BFH! in autoshop we just called it MO for i need MO POWA!! haha then there was MO SENOR! daddy of MO! now that was BFH! and dont say what a BFH is. lets other people think about it. haha but i think i saw someone around my area have long tubes. i could see them cause he didnt have his inner fenders on. the only thing i can see that gets in the way is the transfer case cross member. but i dont think there is any difference from the expo to the f150 underneath. need to look under one now. but even then you can fab up some sort of mount or just bend the tube.

That's what I was thinking is there is not much difference between the 2. Not only that since mine is only a 2wd I don't have any additional cross members to deal with. There is a lot of room under there and as stated before I think the only " clearance " issue would be around the starter, But then again that is where the torch set and the BFH comes into play :pepper: !

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
but arnt the starters in the same location as the f150? cause the 2wd expos should have noooo problem with cross members. all you have is the tranny crossmember that the f150s have. and the f150-expo engine-transfercase shouldnt be any different. this makes no sense.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
but arnt the starters in the same location as the f150? cause the 2wd expos should have noooo problem with cross members. all you have is the tranny crossmember that the f150s have. and the f150-expo engine-transfercase shouldnt be any different. this makes no sense.

Yeah the starters are in the same place. I seem to remember hearing something about the firewall being a little different, but I am not sure.

Tommorow I am going over to my buddies place and he has a 2000 f150 5.4L, I will try to compare the under side and see if they are the same. His is a 4wd but if the firewall and everything is the same as mine then the headers should work right? I know that with his he would end up with clearance issues due to the cross members, but since I don't have those as long as the frame is the same as the Expy ( or really close to it ) then I don't see why those headers wouldnt work.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the f150s and expos are the same from the dash forward! doors are different. and engine trans and t case are the same. so idk why there would be issues. if theres issues for the expos wouldnt there be issues with the 150s? you shouldnt have to your a BFH on something that is semi universal.