headlight fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
So while washing and waxing the new expedition today I noticed that the corner of the headlights (closest to the doors) pops out a bit from the fenders. To me it just don't seem right. I feel that they should be flush with the fender. Anyone else notice that?

S13ka24de

Reaction score
So while washing and waxing the new expedition today I noticed that the corner of the headlights (closest to the doors) pops out a bit from the fenders. To me it just don't seem right. I feel that they should be flush with the fender. Anyone else notice that?

I notice that too. One side is more than the other. Its call america car fitting. I see it also. Its normal. I also notice alot of these not so good fitting all over the car but hey its an american car characteristic.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I notice that too. One side is more than the other. Its call america car fitting. I see it also. Its normal. I also notice alot of these not so good fitting all over the car but hey its an american car characteristic.

I also notice less than ideal panel gaps and panel alignment in a few places. I even had the dealer readjust one of my doors to fix an alignment issue with the fender. Ford could definitely do a better job on fit/alignment of body panels especially in today's day and age of computerized/robotic assembly lines.

S13ka24de

Reaction score
I also notice less than ideal panel gaps and panel alignment in a few places. I even had the dealer readjust one of my doors to fix an alignment issue with the fender. Ford could definitely do a better job on fit/alignment of body panels especially in today's day and age of computerized/robotic assembly lines.

Another thing is the doors.....u need to really slam it to close it

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone fooled with the lowbeam adjustment? Mine was great till a 4 point Buck ran into me dead between the headlights. $15,000 in soft bits and labor. Only bent metal was the lower edge of the hood so the hood was replaced. Headlights were replaced, but they missed adjusting them. I assume there is a screw type adjustment somewhere? Anyone mess with theirs yet?

oh and yes after the Buck strike both headlights were broken at the back. The new ones all fit square with the untouched original fenders. The headlight does have a rounded edge that is raised a bit out farther than the fenders but the new Expedition un Buck’ed I looked at was identical.

Buck came running down the middle of the road right at me, I stopped and he kept going damn thing ran head on into me right between the headlights. Basically he went over the bumper and under the hood. Wiped out all the plastic shutters, bent the radiator like a “v” surprisingly didn’t rupture or shove it into the engine, Hood latch was still fine but all the plastics were broken. I drove it the mile home and flat bedded it to the shop. That was at 1000 miles on the ODO grrrr!!!!

Could have been worse I guess. The shop had a new Yukon Denali 6800 miles on it. That same week. Buck came down off a hill and hit them right in the B pillar Driver side. Kinked the roof panel and bent the floor pan

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang man that's crazy. Glad you made it out without any injuries.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the bigger gaps in the new Fords are due to the aluminum body. My AlumiDuty has twice the gap spacing as my old 15’ steel body had. Like it needs to expand and contract more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the bigger gaps in the new Fords are due to the aluminum body. My AlumiDuty has twice the gap spacing as my old 15’ steel body had. Like it needs to expand and contract more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing more expansion / contraction effect with the aluminum?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone fooled with the lowbeam adjustment? Mine was great till a 4 point Buck ran into me dead between the headlights. $15,000 in soft bits and labor. Only bent metal was the lower edge of the hood so the hood was replaced. Headlights were replaced, but they missed adjusting them. I assume there is a screw type adjustment somewhere? Anyone mess with theirs yet?

oh and yes after the Buck strike both headlights were broken at the back. The new ones all fit square with the untouched original fenders. The headlight does have a rounded edge that is raised a bit out farther than the fenders but the new Expedition un Buck’ed I looked at was identical.

Buck came running down the middle of the road right at me, I stopped and he kept going damn thing ran head on into me right between the headlights. Basically he went over the bumper and under the hood. Wiped out all the plastic shutters, bent the radiator like a “v” surprisingly didn’t rupture or shove it into the engine, Hood latch was still fine but all the plastics were broken. I drove it the mile home and flat bedded it to the shop. That was at 1000 miles on the ODO grrrr!!!!

Could have been worse I guess. The shop had a new Yukon Denali 6800 miles on it. That same week. Buck came down off a hill and hit them right in the B pillar Driver side. Kinked the roof panel and bent the floor pan

Ive adjusted my factory LED headlights. There is a big Phillips screw head facing straight up if my memory serves me right. A 3/4 turn makes a HUGE difference, so don't go too far. The fog lights have a dial on them to adjust them as well. I turned mine up a bit too. :)