Headlight / fog light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiteshadow

Reaction score
1998 Expy 4wd
What bulbs does it have? Advance lists 9006 and 9007 for the headlights. I'm wanting to replace them all with led. Thanks in advance!

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
correct. the 1st gen oem headlights call for a 9007 bulb

the midrange priced sylvanya halogens do pretty well in the oe housings if they aren't hazed.

what kind of led lights are you planning on running? I highly doubt the housings will be able to control the light if it's not the original bulb they were designed for.

OP
OP
W

Whiteshadow

Reaction score
correct. the 1st gen oem headlights call for a 9007 bulb

the midrange priced sylvanya halogens do pretty well in the oe housings if they aren't hazed.

what kind of led lights are you planning on running? I highly doubt the housings will be able to control the light if it's not the original bulb they were designed for.

80 watt led I see on Amazon, they are getting good reviews. I will also get a kit or something to clean the lenses, being original I'm sure they have a haze on them.
With all the night time 2 lane country driving I do I'm wanting more light, and have always heard badly about going hid in a halogen enclosure. Im thinking the led will be in the same position as the filament so glare would be minimal.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
always love it when I get that type of reply Who's to blame if you haven't taken the time to download information.

being I gave you the link for the owners manual about 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
always love it when I get that type of reply Who's to blame if you haven't taken the time to download information.

being I gave you the link for the owners manual about 2 weeks ago

+1 if you have the information already...help was provided by giving the manual... :Violin:

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1998 Expy 4wd
What bulbs does it have? Advance lists 9006 and 9007 for the headlights. I'm wanting to replace them all with led. Thanks in advance!

9007 is the headlight bulb, 9006 is the fog light bulb if you have fog lights.