headlight out after coil conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the conversion from the air suspension to coils. And now the right headlight is out. I checked and all the headlight fuses are still good. Super confused.

Less importantly, I'm getting the check suspension message even though I followed all the instructions.

This did not turn out as easy as it was supposed to be...

Any suggestion for where to start troubleshooting the headlight.

LEOL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are both high and low beam on the RH side inop?

You didnt say whether you checked the obvious first, and i dont like to make assumptions, so first thing to check would be whether it was just a plain old coincidence that the bulb happened to go out when you were doing suspension stuff... so First place i would start is at the bulb, you can stick a new bulb in it, or personally i would get out your DVOM and make sure you have voltage at the bulb connector. (if im not mistaken, greater than 10 volts)

if there isnt power at the bulb, next thing would be tracking it down. You said you checked the fuses, but you didnt say what year your vehicle is, this is pertinent because some 2nd gen expeditions did have HID lamps which are circuited differently than the halogens,

Its possible you could have pinched a wire or something while changing suspension if you took the wheel well splash guard off and such, but start with the simple solutions first. if you end up needing to start seriously looking for an actual electrical issue, let me know and i can link you some pinpoint test information.