Headlights not very bright

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All new cars have HIDs put in projectors due to cut off beam. Some people dont get whole concept of halogen headlights being built for halogen bulbs and not for HID bulbs.

And just because you passed by cops and did not get pulled over does not make it legal. I drove past cops without seat belt buckled up and did not get pulled over so does that make it legal to have no seat belts on?
:-|

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read my old post carefully. I did not say it was legal. I said I have had no one complain about blinding them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
around my parts...they pull us over for whats illegal and whats not..if you ADD the LED strip lights to your headlights trying to have the audi look...ticket...different color light output (i.e red halos...green halos...)...tickets...so they monitor lights and arent illegal...PLUS...it will vary state to state...

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
around my parts...they pull us over for whats illegal and whats not..if you ADD the LED strip lights to your headlights trying to have the audi look...ticket...different color light output (i.e red halos...green halos...)...tickets...so they monitor lights and arent illegal...PLUS...it will vary state to state...

So if Audi has passed DOT Law with having LED strips on headlights why you cant have them (being that they are color like audi)??

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The led's aren't "on"them, they are built "in". They have also passed dot inspection.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMO the the light from HID's dont bother me because it is a cleaner light compared to halogen which make me squint and HID's dont.

And for vehicles that sit as high as our Expys projectors make it worse by making a beam of light that is concentrated in a narrow beam so people get more of the light projected right at them. In my area I see more people with projectors/retro's getting high beamed than the hid's in halogen housings.

And nobody does everything "legal" so why is this a debate?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO the the light from HID's dont bother me because it is a cleaner light compared to halogen which make me squint and HID's dont.

And for vehicles that sit as high as our Expys projectors make it worse by making a beam of light that is concentrated in a narrow beam so people get more of the light projected right at them. In my area I see more people with projectors/retro's getting high beamed than the hid's in halogen housings.

And nobody does everything "legal" so why is this a debate?

dont know...think it started with someone making this thread...lol

how long did it take you to change out the lights?

who?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, it's illegal to do any modification to your headlight system that didn't come factory. This includes both drop in kits, as well as projector retrofits. Are you going to get stopped for either? It depends on your area, but you probably won't get caught (especially with retrofits) since I think it's more a federal thing.

Your state may have it's own laws governing such things, but usually ppl get ticketed for the obnoxious colors, or for heavily misaligned/glarey lights.

I aimed a little lower than halogen cutoff point. I know it's not perfect, but I haven't been high beamed in years.