headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Walter Jr

Reaction score
Hi i got some LED lights for my 2006 expedition and i also got LED lights for my lights on my bumper well when i turn my lights on the head lights are on no problem then when i pull the switch out to turn on the bumper lights the high beam light come on but there low not bright but when i push the switch back in they go off but the bumper lights never come on and the high beams still work like they should anyone know why?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really the fog lights are not supposed to come on with the high beams selected. There's enough residual voltage running through the system that some witchcraft takes place between the fusebox and relays when you use LEDs ( lack of internal resistance...) in the fog lights that they can stay on until you actually select the fog light off position of the switch. See if their operation goes back to normal if you put the halogen bulbs back in the fog lights. There's a work around for it ( clipping the trigger wire in the fuse box harness...), but I haven't bother with it yet since it doesn't really bother me.