Heated Steering Wheel Connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Had my expy in the shop for a warranty replacement of the clock spring in the steering column and just got it back. the heated steering wheel isnt working and i'm assuming its because the tech didn't connect the wiring harness back up. If i can avoid it, id rather not go back in just for this. anyone happen to know where this connection is (roughly) in the steering column? I'd like to check it out before i go through the trouble of taking it back in.

OP
OP
T

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
bump. any ideas? gotta believe someone has torn into there before for one reason or another.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a few places actually. there's the HWSM (module) under the drivers side dash near where your right knee would be. You could check to make sure the harness there is still plugged in. Secondarily, if you remove the airbag (disconnect your battery negative cable for at least 10 minutes prior to this), there is a small harness inside there I believe on the left side that could be disconnected. If I remember correctly, it had 2-4 wires in there.

The airbag is super easy to remove, takes all of 20 seconds.

OP
OP
T

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Thank you! I'll have a look at both of these and hope to find it.

OP
OP
T

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
well, everything seems to be connected. in doing some research, it sounds like there's a module inside the steering wheel that can go bad that's related to the adaptive steering and somehow controls the heat as well. There was a video on a superduty where they just had to replace the entire steering wheel...so looks like im headed back to the dealer.