Limited Max SPP steering wheel hand sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are jerking the wheel to tell it you're holding on to the wheel, then something is wrong. I barely have to provide a little bit of resistance for it to "reset" the timer.

Mack444

Reaction score
Agree with @mdecillis
I’ve been using ACC in my MME for nearly 50k miles and barely realize the habits I have formed regarding resistive input.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is an embarrassing flaw. I use adaptive cruise and lane centering and 2 hands on the wheel. Having the car tell me to hold on to the wheel, when I am, is ridiculous. Making me shake the wheel before it turns the cruise off is dangerous. Cannot believe Ford lawyers allow this potentially liable stupidity.
Nothing liable about it...HaHa! It is actually because of the lawyers it exists. Part of your issue is that you ARE using 2 hands. You are creating no rotational resistance for the wheel to "feel". Why are you using lane centering when you are obviously actively driving your vehicle. That really isn't its use case. Use one hand and you will see the message less. Just saying.

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
I thought it was a pointless feature until my first road trip with the kids. I've since decided it's meant to allow parents to turn completely around to yell at the kids. Completely letting go of the steering wheel while making eye contact with the kids adds a new dimension of horror that makes them believe your serious this time.