Hellwig Front Bushing Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My luck ran out. I installed both front and rear Hellwig sway bars on my 2019 Max and have been loving the driving experience. I fell in love with my Expy again, especially after a trip from DC Metro area to Ithaca, NY. It was such a different experience experience from my previous trip. Anyway I am back home and the noise from what appears to be both front and rear bushings started. It is driving my crazy (and tired of my wife asking "what is that noise"), so I am about to purchase a set of replacements.

However before I do, wanted to confirm that the Energy Suspension bushings (need to part number for both front and read) are still the choice setup. Thank you in advance for your input/guidance.
The part number is in the first post of this thread. I have not had any issues with the rear bushings yet.

I did end up replacing the front end links with a universal set made by Energy Suspension.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The part number is in the first post of this thread. I have not had any issues with the rear bushings yet.

I did end up replacing the front end links with a universal set made by Energy Suspension.
I've been running the ES universal links for a long time, I've actually tried taking them off and trying two or three other model specific end links and so far, all of them have failed. What I really wish I could find is a set of really good ones that use heim joints or combination types. The exact part number with what seems to be the best length is 9.8124G. I used the longest ones available but it put the bar at too steep of an angle and I ended up cutting it. This is the best length from what i can find.

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been running the ES universal links for a long time, I've actually tried taking them off and trying two or three other model specific end links and so far, all of them have failed. What I really wish I could find is a set of really good ones that use heim joints or combination types. The exact part number with what seems to be the best length is 9.8124G. I used the longest ones available but it put the bar at too steep of an angle and I ended up cutting it. This is the best length from what i can find.
I did that after seeing it on your other post. :)

WALoeIII

Reaction score
Prothane 38mms lasted about the same as the Hellwigs. Going extreme, trying a billet bracket to see if it holds the bushing in a better position to prevent it from getting eaten up so fast. Hotchkis Sport Suspension Heavy-Duty Billet Sway Bar Bushing Brackets 23491500.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy toledo, those are pricey. I like that they are grease-able with zirks. I have also found that I have to pretty consistently replace my end link bushings. I just think it shows this chassis and suspension requires massive amounts of distributed force. the sway bars work, but sheesh, should this thing be designed with dual sway bars to help distribute the forces?

nrs1417

Reaction score
I agree. I just changed mine out with these as well and noticed the same thing on the size. It’s worth a shot as I had already went through 2 sets of the Hellwig ones in 1 year.
How are they working out? The Energy Suspension bushings are half as wide as stock, is that a problem? Less area to bite and control the bar from??