Help with lift and rear brake line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ0920

Reaction score
Struts were going bad and with 140k decided to change them out. Read good reviews on bisteins and my 4600 that were back ordered finally came in. I decided now is the best time for the lift since I'm in there anyways.

Ordered a 3" F/ 2" R kit off of EBay identical to the Readylift SST kit. Well swapped out the front with out a problem, now the rear is my issue. Got the new struts back in however the rear brake lines are short to go back on the caliper. I've Looked at Readylift install instructions and they state to relocate the brake line bracket.

I've lowered one side and utilized a predrilled hole on the chassis and tapped it. Got it all back together and the line just looks very tight. Which concerns me.

Has anyone had any issues with this? Anyone have pictures of what their rear brake lines look like? Ideally, a longer brake line would be the better option, just not sure what to look for as far as replacement goes.

Any help would be great, as it's still on jack stands and I'd like to use the truck this week!

OP
OP
C

CJ0920

Reaction score
Not one person to chime in...I reallocated the brake line bracket into the frame rather than the strut mount housing. I am still very weary on how taught the line is, especially at the angly the brake line comes out the caliper. I tried rotating the line at the caliper but only goes in one way. If it could have rotated I think it would be great.

Threw some 33" Copper AT3 on it yesterday and called it a day.