Help with noise in expy 98 eb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isanchezgdl

Reaction score
Hello all, I need your help guys. I have a knocking noise (I think front wheel driver side) when I almost stop or driving a very slow speed, like stoping in a stop signal, driving into the garage, is like a knock knock knock sound in straight line, if I stop fast I don't hear that sound. Any idea of this? some guy told me if was the cv joint the sound will appear when I turn, but this sound is driving straight line, could be a bearing? I really will appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot to all.
Exp. 1998 eb 4x4

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
brake rotors/pads. How many miles on it?
Does it do it when you turn the wheels stop-to-stop.
When was the last time the front diff was serviced?

could be a multitude of things; sure others will chime in.

OP
OP
I

isanchezgdl

Reaction score
I will check front rotors, I change the pads in march 12 (ferodo premium), the front rotors are old so I will change it next week. If is totally Stoped and I turn the wheels right or left don't produce that sound, only when I drive at very slow speed (aprox 5mph to stop) and I hear it on the driver side wheel. Th sound comes in straight line. This weekend I will check rotors and pads, and I will remplace rotors next week.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate any help or tip you can give me

OP
OP
I

isanchezgdl

Reaction score
Even if don't produce that sound when I turn?, could be the cv joint in straigh line?
How can I check if is the cv joint? of if is damaged?
Thanks a lot

OP
OP
I

isanchezgdl

Reaction score
If you think is the cv joint I will change it, you have more experience than me :) thanks a lot.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CV joints are fairly cheap and easy to replace as long as you return the core. I would go ahead and replace them just to rule them out. I did that with my truck a couple months ago and it ended up being a wheel hub. You should be able to get reman-ed CV's for about 100 bucks