Here we go for round 2....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well. Service has failed me again! They fixed my back hatch...broke all the door locks in the process. I think I am done with Ford. Now you can't remote lock/unlock or use the touch points on the door handles. This really just takes the cake! Drove 1.5 hours to the service place...3 hour round trip.
So the locks were working at the dealership?

Never mind, I just read your other post update.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You live in Greenville! Why are driving 1.5 hours for service?!?!
I live in Athens, work outside Greenville currently because my wife is in graduate school. It complicated things for sure! But regardless...they made a big mistake . Oh and it won’t stay awake now so remote start/unlock/lock/information has stopped working as well!

60F5D762-6A03-4B92-9809-C4E3735E3190.png

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status vs. Merc issues?

Y'all know that FoMoCo has a "baller" brand with its own take on the Expy just for that, right??

They call it a Lincoln Navigator... and it's both geometrically taller and socially higher than an Explorer-sized Merc...

I view an American full size as a class above the luxury crossovers anyway. Those Mercedes and other euros are all bark no bite. Whether it be a Tahoe, Expedition, Durango it’s a superior vehicle for this segment to a GL or BMW X5....the American full size is simply a more capable and better built vehicle. Plus you have a more commanding view of the road and are higher up.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are going through amab. I wouldn't even be mad at you at this pt if u got rid of it. Now u have to consider trading your 75k vehicle for an inferior product because ford technicians wont do enough to fix ur car.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I view an American full size as a class above the luxury crossovers anyway. Those Mercedes and other euros are all bark no bite. Whether it be a Tahoe, Expedition, Durango it’s a superior vehicle for this segment to a GL or BMW X5....the American full size is simply a more capable and better built vehicle. Plus you have a more commanding view of the road and are higher up.

Durango, seriously??

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took to a new dealership last week. Athens Ford did an unbelievable job! They fixed one thing I didn't even know was an issue and replaced the battery the previous dealer had ruined by leaving it in accessory mode multiple times. The customer service there was leagues ahead of the previous place! The fixed the seat upholstery issue, and a few other things. It does have to go back one more time because they ordered parts, and Ford has apparently clearly not figured out the popping mirror issue yet...but they are putting in a engineering ticket for us.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Durango, seriously??

I have a 98 or maybe its a 99 Durango that is a an awesome vehicle!
Also at that time, one of few 3rd row that was not full size. They are kind of 3/4 size.