Heres what im buying today. Opinions appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Morning forum,

I went to see a 2000 expy EB edition yesterday, black w/tan leather.
5.4 liter w/100,000 miles on the clock. clean carfax (I did it myself)
exterior looks pretty good no visible rust or major scratches, no big rust spots on the undercarriage. No drips/leaks etc. The guy I spoke to said its a car from a dealer auction and is selling it on the side.
The interior is in pretty good shape for a car of its vintage. The front seats were not cut/scratched at all, the back seats had a couple marks on them but I think a good detailing could get them out. the 3rd row seat looked like it was never used.

The car drove great, no hick-ups. When I hit the gas it went! The 4.7's Ive seen in the past were ehh in terms of get up and go but the 5.4 is niiccee...

Stereo sounds good no blown speakers. I think there is a bass speaker hidden in the trunk????

The only issue i could find is the back passenger window does not go down at all. Not with the driver side control or the switch on the door. And i think the door lock is a little soft coming up/opening. I had to click it twice a few times to get it open. This could be cause of use?? Maybe?? Or maybe there is some loose wiring in the door? The guy selling was surprised that it didnt open. He said he is selling as is and doesnt want to invest any money to fix it.

His price originally was 5300 and after about 10min debating issues, he dropped it to 5g flat.

My question to the forum is... Is this a good buy? Is the window issue a big deal??

Please let me know, I plan on paying dude today

Thank you

cardude427

Reaction score
I think its a good buy. The window thing isnt a big deal, its probably a loose connection or maybe the window motor is kaput but it shouldnt be an expensive fix.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Is this just an American thing, but why do you guys call Expeditions cars? We call them trucks or SUV's up here in Canada.

Sounds like agood find though. Door locks are probably just an actuater thing. I had to replace two of mine in my 98 already. I think that is just a normal issue. The window is probably an easy fix as well. For the $300 he knocked off the price you can probably get all of those issues fixed with some $$$ left over.

Go for it!!!

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a great buy, theres a stock 8 inch sub in the back that gives it a nice bump

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 98, the rear door lock on the driver seide doesn't always come up enough to unlock it. I basically hit the remote 3 or 4 times to get it to unlock.

Not sure about the window motor.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called dude last night to let him know i was on the way to pick it up. The ***** tells me he sold the car a few hours prior for 5500. When i saw it i told him id give him 100 as a binder, he refused and say that as long as i pick it up the next day its all good! Damn!!!!

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
money talks....in his shoes, what if you didn't come back? There's a guy in front of him right now with 5500 in his hand and he hasn't heard from you. Tough call, but I would have called you to let you know someone is here to buy it, just to give you a heads up...

It just wasn't meant to be, that's all....the right truck will come around. I looked for over 8 months before I found mine.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
money talks....in his shoes, what if you didn't come back? There's a guy in front of him right now with 5500 in his hand and he hasn't heard from you. Tough call, but I would have called you to let you know someone is here to buy it, just to give you a heads up...

It just wasn't meant to be, that's all....the right truck will come around. I looked for over 8 months before I found mine.

I hear ya but damn, dont shake a mans hand give him your word then sell that shit with out even calling me 1st. Thats some real ********.

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hear ya but damn, dont shake a mans hand give him your word then sell that shit with out even calling me 1st. Thats some real ********.

Like I said, I wouldn't have done it that way, but people are different, I guess. I treat people as I wish to be treated...