Hey FORD, 2016 Minor Ford Expedition Requested UPDATES!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
.......Having used both a 6.2 and ecoboost I can tell you hands down the 6.2 returns better fuel economy pound for pound with more power on tap and better reliability. The look on some friends faces pulling a heavier boat on the same road at the same time in the identical truck with the exception of different engines and return better fuel economy with a V8 was priceless. It was even funnier when I could walk away from the ecoboost from 60 plus mph with the trailer.

When was the 6.2 available to the expedition? I've only seen it and currently have the 5.4. I'm also curious what the real issues are that you've experienced with the echoboost. It's numbers are higher than the 5.4 so it should outperform them. In online video reviews between various competitors and the F150 with echoboost, it held its own and even outperformed.

Appreciate your time on the reply. I personally wish we could have the diesel of the Excursion, but we don't.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When was the 6.2 available to the expedition? I've only seen it and currently have the 5.4. I'm also curious what the real issues are that you've experienced with the echoboost. It's numbers are higher than the 5.4 so it should outperform them. In online video reviews between various competitors and the F150 with echoboost, it held its own and even outperformed.

Appreciate your time on the reply. I personally wish we could have the diesel of the Excursion, but we don't.
Talking P platform comparisons. Real world ecoturd problems...where do we start, rough idle, tons of charge air cooler problems, tons of issues in hot humid climates. Oil dilution, the list goes one, we tried about 20 of them in our fleet and they were without a doubt turds.

never seen or heard 6.2 in them

No you will not either :think:. The only platform to compare a 6.2 to the EB is the P platform. Nor did I say they were in the expedition.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I live in Houston and know MANY people with ecoboost F150s who have had nothing bad to say about them. Even one person with a 2011 model.

dave91gt

Reaction score
I've had 3 Ecoboosts and they have all been the same. Awesome. We just bought a 15 Expy Limited 4X4. Loaded the inside down and we headed to the OBX from WV. 502 miles one way through lots of hills. The mpg for the entire trip was 19.3. That includes everything from climbing 3,000 foot elevation hills at 75 mph, sitting in 40 minutes of stop and go traffic in Virginia, running around, etc. Power? Yep. That thing absolutely eats hills up. The turbos spool and it just goes. I'm in a different boat I guess. I think the EB is perfect for the Expy. And I am a traditional V8 guy.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Updates!

1. Rear liftgate memory feature so it stops going up before it creams my garage door!
2. The AC seats need to stay at the setting they were at last when the vehicle is shut off and restarted
3. USB ports in the back seats
4. Easy Entry/Exit needs to be key programmable
5. Dual exhaust like the explorer would be cool

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With regards to HP,
My BullyDog GT and a cold air intake will bump the HP to around 448hp which pound for pound smokes a 6.2L with 411hp, unless you retune it as well. Last I read, the Raptor gets 11 City/16 Hwy with 4.10 gears. Can't see that getting better MPG unless possibly mated to 3.73's, right?

The 2015 Expedition has 365 HP. With a tuner and CAI you'd be lucky to get 370 HP. How the heck did you arrive at 448 HP? Put it on a dyno with just the tuner and CAI and you'll see you're at or barely above stock HP.

1. Rear liftgate memory feature so it stops going up before it creams my garage door!

I had also wondered why they didn't do this in the first place. The running boards have a safety sensor so why doesn't the liftgate?

3. USB ports in the back seats

$20 or less and you can do this yourself.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2015 Expedition has 365 HP. With a tuner and CAI you'd be lucky to get 370 HP. How the heck did you arrive at 448 HP? Put it on a dyno with just the tuner and CAI and you'll see you're at or barely above stock HP.

From what I have read on the f150 ecoboost facebook page you can get pretty good power out of the ecoboost with a tuner and intake/exhaust. Not sure exactly how much but it is also important to remember that you will never get 365 hp on a chassis dyno with a stock setup because you have parasitic losses in the drive train. The advertised 365 hp is at the flywheel

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Reaction score

I had also wondered why they didn't do this in the first place. The running boards have a safety sensor so why doesn't the liftgate?

$20 or less and you can do this yourself.

K9education,
I never specified it was 448hp at the wheels. But this IS a turbo motor, lots of opportunities not available to a NAT ASP motor. See for yourself. http://www.bullydog.com/ecoboost_tuning.php

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
love my 14 5.4 3v navigator by far a better investment than a 15 I traded on, almost 2 months into this vehicle spent more time at gas pumps. went back to the ford dealer got my navigator back. I will never own a V6 turbod vehicle ever again! what a waste of time and money that vehicle was. fleet owners say the same thing. i have a few family members and neighbors all disappointed in their new ecoboost F150s.
not to get crazy over technical here but the smaller the engine more work it has to do to move the same weight as a bigger engine would have to, thus burning more fuel. adding turbos is fords way of trying to cheat the laws of physics. mechanical leverage also known as displacement is a lever. the laws physics states that the longer the lever the easier it is to push a heavy object, this is the problem with ecoturds they are still small engines and adding turbos does not fix this.
that is reality there are a lot of unhappy customers with the ford V6 engines in their F150s the 5.0 gets better fuel economy.
ford will continue to ride on the ecoboost band wagon permanently there is no changing that.
and ford pushes there advertising to a whole new level to get you all to buy in to this ecoboost name.
and people buy into it and believe every word ford lays at us.
at the end of the day the smaller engine will always work harder than a bigger V8 engine. no way around that. but I do like the looks of the current expedition.