2025 ford expedition redesign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious how Ford will respond to the updated 2025 Tahoe / Suburban.

GregTu

Reaction score
I would enjoy this. A few times of year (or more) I load the expy up to the roof. Usually when going camping at a festival for a week. It would be sweet if I could still see out the back.

Before buying our ‘24 Expedition we test drove an Infiniti QX80 that had a rear view mirror that could switch to a camera. I didn’t understand it at the time but it made my eyes uncomfortable. Later I realized you’re focused 100+ ft in front of the vehicle when driving and need to refocus to 2-3 ft to look at the digital rearview mirror. With a normal mirror your focus doesn’t change as drastically if at all.

Plus with progressive lenses this is a PITA.

I will be testing the rear view camera on the 15” screen shortly when we load up with multiple large suitcases (each) and 2 sets of golf clubs, etc., etc., etc. that blocked the view in our Armada. Hopefully the refocusing will be easier since the screen is dash level and not at eye/head level.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before buying our ‘24 Expedition we test drove an Infiniti QX80 that had a rear view mirror that could switch to a camera. I didn’t understand it at the time but it made my eyes uncomfortable. Later I realized you’re focused 100+ ft in front of the vehicle when driving and need to refocus to 2-3 ft to look at the digital rearview mirror. With a normal mirror your focus doesn’t change as drastically if at all.

Plus with progressive lenses this is a PITA.

I will be testing the rear view camera on the 15” screen shortly when we load up with multiple large suitcases (each) and 2 sets of golf clubs, etc., etc., etc. that blocked the view in our Armada. Hopefully the refocusing will be easier since the screen is dash level and not at eye/head level.

No one on here has really spoken on this feature for the expy. I'm interested to seeing how the rear view monitor works on the expy.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No one on here has really spoken on this feature for the expy. I'm interested to seeing how the rear view monitor works on the expy.
It would be really cool if Ford offered an aftermarket wireless camera that could sync with the OEM mirror for wireless video. Something like that would be handy for trailering. But at this stage, I'm not sure I trust Ford to implement new features since their existing stuff has been having so many issues.

chiguy79

Reaction score
Anyone have any hunch on when 2025 images will be leaked or product launch?

Trying to be patient and not pick up 2023 leftover as I think interior improvements in 2025 will be worth the wait. GMC gave some updates on Yukon so hopefully Ford will follow suit here soon.

Would be great of SPP was offered with other interior options (wife hates the black/red).

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No hands adaptive driving like Chevy. Expy tell you to put your hands back on the wheel.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's not because it's not hands free, bluecruise is hands-free, it's how ford built the safety parameters for it.

chiguy79

Reaction score
Interesting on the switch to Google tech finally. My worry is they will stop supporting sync in near future . Looks like worth waiting a few months since 2024 MY will likely be short run on expy also.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm anxiously awaiting the my25 release. I have my fingers crossed for a hybrid. If a hybrid is available, I'm trading my 23 for it. Period. In my dreams that the hybrid is an option on whatever engine is available for the trim level.
So instead of the F-150s hybrid on top of the base 380HP engine, it would be added to the Limited's 400hp or the SPP's 440. But I'd love that, so it probably won't happen.