Hey Ford, why make us choose performance or BlueCruise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
I love my 22 Expy Limited SPP, but I REALLY wanted BlueCruise. I know getting an extra 40 HP out of the 304A upgrade isn’t like jumping into a Mustang, but both my wife and I coming from sports cars, we wanted as much HP as we could possibly get. But the Performance upgrade isn’t available on the Platinum and that’s the only edition offering BlueCruise.

What is Ford thinking not offering a power upgrade on their top tier Platinum edition.

Is there any way to get the extra HP AND get BlueCruise? I’m sure I’ll keep my 22 a couple more years, but I hope Ford sees the stupidity of this lack of choice before I look to upgrade again.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For whatever its worth, I had a 2019 xlt and now have a 2020 platinum and the platinum has a HP "jump" and I noticed zero difference in the power department. I think the jump in my model was just 25hp but it made zero seat of pants feel. I honestly kind of feel like it is slower or not as peppy, maybe due to the weight difference between the two?

I think if performance is what you are after you would be better off getting the model with the blue cruise and then getting a programmer to bump up the performance. You will end up with a more noticeable increase that way in my opinion. Any worry about warranty issues is unfounded since Ford's warranty is pretty worthless anyway :)

OP
OP
P

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
For whatever its worth, I had a 2019 xlt and now have a 2020 platinum and the platinum has a HP "jump" and I noticed zero difference in the power department. I think the jump in my model was just 25hp but it made zero seat of pants feel. I honestly kind of feel like it is slower or not as peppy, maybe due to the weight difference between the two?

I think if performance is what you are after you would be better off getting the model with the blue cruise and then getting a programmer to bump up the performance. You will end up with a more noticeable increase that way in my opinion. Any worry about warranty issues is unfounded since Ford's warranty is pretty worthless anyway :)
Yeah, I’ve seen other posts about the mods that have given me that thought as well. I’ll definitely delve deeper into the choice when I’m ready to change up our ‘22 Expy. Maybe by ‘24 when I’m ready, they’ll offer the BlueCruise in the Limited SPP, it’s literally the only Platinum feature I have any interest in.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get an extra 50-75 or so HP from just a 600 dollar intercooler (or not) and a daily driver ZFG tune for 800 bucks. Car will run better than stock, so will your transmission, and your gas mileage will improve. Only issue is the ability to tune a car is behind by a year or two from the latest, currently.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Comparing with horsepower, the more important factor is low rpm torque. xlt engine delivers 470@2250rpm, high output engine gets 510@5000rpm. The trick of Ford is, you dont know how much torque you have at 2250rpm on these high output engines.

---- I was wrong. Just checked spec sheet, HO engines does deliver 510@2250rpm, a 40 ft lb difference.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get an extra 50-75 or so HP from just a 600 dollar intercooler (or not) and a daily driver ZFG tune for 800 bucks. Car will run better than stock, so will your transmission, and your gas mileage will improve. Only issue is the ability to tune a car is behind by a year or two from the latest, currently.
Probably my25 will see bluecruise in lower trims. As of now, only platinum will offer it even for my24. I wanted platty for the massage seats, but after they took it away, my wife wanted to drive the navi, which led me to my purchase. I am upset that I didn't get the reserve 202, but the nav has the ho v6 and is so quick I never wanted to put premium in it.

blkZ28spt

Reaction score
As the owner of an F150 with BlueCruise, and now she has the Limited Stealth Performance...it would have been nice to get blue cruise, massaging seats, and the power/dual exhaust all in one. Would have bought it.

Except what it is, is a Navigator, and those are quite pricey. But that's the answer, Navigator

As someone who has driven thousands of blue cruise miles, and also thousands of miles with just the assist features the Limited expedition has...blue cruise isn't a huge leap up, really. Most of the nicety IMO is the adaptive cruise with stop and go. And the lane assist is pretty strong and does a lot of work. Yes blue cruise is more, but...it's not as much more as you'd think. The ACC and LKA are quite strong

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As the owner of an F150 with BlueCruise, and now she has the Limited Stealth Performance...it would have been nice to get blue cruise, massaging seats, and the power/dual exhaust all in one. Would have bought it.

Except what it is, is a Navigator, and those are quite pricey. But that's the answer, Navigator

As someone who has driven thousands of blue cruise miles, and also thousands of miles with just the assist features the Limited expedition has...blue cruise isn't a huge leap up, really. Most of the nicety IMO is the adaptive cruise with stop and go. And the lane assist is pretty strong and does a lot of work. Yes blue cruise is more, but...it's not as much more as you'd think. The ACC and LKA are quite strong
100% agree. I drove a 23 Navigator the other week and tried out the BC on the interstate, It's not that great. Always nagging and threatening to turn off if you eyes are not straight ahead. Even looking at the radio screen makes it complain... IMO, the only company who has a really good hands free driving system is Tesla. All the others are playing catch up..

Wayfun

Reaction score
I must say that I really like the Bluecruise on my '23 Platinum. It took some getting used to. Both on how to set it and its operation. I've traveled 50 miles or more without having to touch the wheel. One thing I have found is that it will ask me to take over as it approaches a sharp curve. On one road that I travel frequently, there is a sweeping high-speed curve, every time I approach it at the same spot the system alerts me to take over control. Once through the curve, it resumes control. I'm really looking forward to the software upgrade to get the lane change feature.