Hey Ford, why make us choose performance or BlueCruise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
drove a 23 Navigator the other week and tried out the BC on the interstate, It's not that great. Always nagging and threatening to turn off if you eyes are not straight ahead. Even looking at the radio screen makes it complain...
My salesman at the dealership where I bought my Expy said he wears sunglasses when driving his F-150 w/ BlueCruise and it never bothers him about his eyes off the road. I guess it’s kind of a hack to the system.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Comparing with horsepower, the more important factor is low rpm torque. xlt engine delivers 470@2250rpm, high output engine gets 510@5000rpm. The trick of Ford is, you dont know how much torque you have at 2250rpm on these high output engines.

---- I was wrong. Just checked spec sheet, HO engines does deliver 510@2250rpm, a 40 ft lb difference.
Maybe something is wrong with my 2020 then because I couldn't tell any difference between the two and honestly I sort of feel like the platinum is a little more sluggish. This is towing and not towing. Maybe the 22's and extra weight on the platinum counter the difference in output. I am honestly considering the intercooler and tune and never had that thought with the xlt. Go figure...

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe something is wrong with my 2020 then because I couldn't tell any difference between the two and honestly I sort of feel like the platinum is a little more sluggish. This is towing and not towing. Maybe the 22's and extra weight on the platinum counter the difference in output. I am honestly considering the intercooler and tune and never had that thought with the xlt. Go figure...
Ate you using premium in the platinum. That's the only way to get the hp difference.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ate you using premium in the platinum. That's the only way to get the hp difference.
That's one of the reasons why I chose XLT. After reading and researching, I figured most likely Ford used 87 gas for XLT testing and get the 380HP and 470 ft lb torque on the engine. However, Ford must have used 91 or even higher grade on Limited/Platinum to get 400 HP and 480 ft lb torque. And I am cheap on gas. lol

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get an extra 50-75 or so HP from just a 600 dollar intercooler (or not) and a daily driver ZFG tune for 800 bucks. Car will run better than stock, so will your transmission, and your gas mileage will improve. Only issue is the ability to tune a car is behind by a year or two from the latest, currently.
Was gonna suggest a similar scenario… I used the Full Race upgrade package, and a HP Tuner. That HP gain @gtr09 mentioned is right on point with my gains. Tq is over 600lbs/ft at my rear wheels. Better than a Platinum and BlueCruise.

mlogan

Reaction score
Agreed, BlueCruise works well on the interstate, just waiting for them to finally push through 1.2 or 1.3 version.

Regarding performance on my '22 Platinum - I do feel a difference when I run 93 Amoco/BP Ultimate vs regular 91...there seems to be a peppier throttle response too. But clearly that's not scientific.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For '22, the HO was rated at its HP with 93, and the others with their HP at 87, leaving me to think there's not actually much difference at all. I went with the Platinum just to have BlueCruise, although I would have preferred a Limited with BlueCruise.