Hey Guys, need help...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004EXP

Reaction score
I don't think there is a lot of traffic in the suspension area, so I am posting here too. Trying to determine whether to fix the existing air bag setup on my 230K mile Expedition or go with a coil over replacement kit. I found a few on Ebay and want to hear feedback on fixing or replacing. If replacing is the best option, is there a better or worse kit? These are the ones I am considering:

Lincoln Navigator Air Bag to Coil Spring Struts Suspension Conversion Kit 3 Lift | eBay

Air Bag to Coil Spring Struts Suspension Conversion Kit 4 PC for 03 06 Navigator | eBay

4WHEEL Suspension Air Bag to Coil Spring Conversion Kit | eBay

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my view about air suspension. When everything is working like it's supposed, nothing beats it. They just simply ride the best. The problem comes in making sure everything works. There are a lot of parts and that means a lot of things that can go wrong. Also, those parts usually aren't cheap. Unless your lucky, you'll probably be replacing pieces all the time unless you replace EVERYTHING at once. If you don't mind maintenance and costs, IMO, It's the way to go

OP
OP

2004EXP

Reaction score
OK so coil overs are the way to go. Any opinion on which are better or worse?

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What sgtowing said. But with air compressors and such going bad, I think
you should go with the coil overs, especially at that high mileage. Just isn't worth the cost. If you really want to see this type of opinion, you should go
over to the Range Rover forums. Everyone there will say the same thing. Not
worth replacing. I almost bought one a few years ago and the air system on
that was thrown out in place of the coils.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conversion and never worry about any of the problems again

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)