High beams won't cut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's up yall...04 EB 5.4L... used the turn signal and the high beans came on and will not turn off... battery died once so now I'm disconnecting the battery every time I get out... any ideas where to start is appreciated

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's only happening when you use the turn signals that would point to the multi function switch that is the turn signal stalk / high beam stalk . Instead of disconnecting the battery you can pull the high beam relay there in the fuse box. You can also try swapping the high beam relay with one of the others there in the fuse box, but I tend to believe the issue is the steering column multifunction switch.

Multi Function Switch at Rock Auto

kM3qOI.jpg

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always on... never turns off and this started when I used the signal a particular moment and had been on every since... however the signal is broke and I'll be replacing it but it's still usable to signal and do everything else as intended

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new turn signal switch since it's broke and I pulled the #35 fuse to stop lights being on... hopefully once I change the switch and put fuse back in things will be straight