High speed vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfconstruction05

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2023 and the vibration is so bad at highway speeds the kids literally get car sick. It was not like this when we purchased, it’s been in to 2 dealers since purchase 3 months ago and everyone is telling me it rides to spec. Do you have any luck finding the problem?

OP
OP
Rednecked

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2023 and the vibration is so bad at highway speeds the kids literally get car sick. It was not like this when we purchased, it’s been in to 2 dealers since purchase 3 months ago and everyone is telling me it rides to spec. Do you have any luck finding the problem?
Go to discount tire and have them raod force your tires. If they are bad buy the certificates and warranty them out. The dealer will not help you. I had 2 egg shaped tires. Went to the stealership with no success. Discount tire helped me out. Smooth as now!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree start by going to discount and having them check it out. Could be tires, could be some balancing weight were lost.

josephzac

Reaction score
Took my 2021 expedition to the dealer for a wheel balance. I had vibration at 80+ mph. Advisor said the balance was way off. No problem. They fixed it. Service tech Took it for a test drive still vibrates at 80+ mph. My truck is going back for further investigation. 10+ days in the shop. Anyone experienced this issue? Any ideas?

2021 Expedition platinum Max with 3750 miles

Was the issue resolved?
I am facing the exact same issue in 2023 Limited with less than 1200 miles clocked?
- went to Dealer (Sheehy Ford, Gaithersburg) : they said they cannot replicate as over 65 is illegal to drive
- Did balancing and alignment - still issue exists.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I decided to get a road force balance on my nav in anticipation of a road trip this upcoming wknd. So far I like the results. I do need to lower the tire pressure though.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your original paperwork to see if you got the fix a flat additive in your tires. It's been mentioned as the culprit many times in the forums. It evidently accumulates in one spot of the tire making it vibrate at high speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1