Horn and cruise control issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Courtney Byers

Reaction score
05 Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition

In the middle of the night my horn went crazy and was steady going off. My husband tapped the horn on steering wheel anod it stopped. But within a min it started going off again, so he unplugged the fuse. Never had any issues with the horn til that night. Any ideas? Husband thinks it could be that pressure pad(not sure what that part is actually called) that in in your steering wheel.
Other concern I have is the cruise control, that hasn't worked since we bought it. All the other controls on the steering wheel work(volume controls and ac controls)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as the horn pad, possible. I had a Lincoln that was worn out, and got stuck. As far as the cruise start with any fuses/ relays, be sure their good, fest power at fuse relay connectors. From their you or the hubby will have to diagnose the many components that make the cruise work, starting with steering wheel switch. You might want to purchase a Ford repair CD/book. Their might be a troubleshooting procedure online.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know for cruise control, there's a thread here on how to take apart your cruise control buttons and clean the contacts inside, that should get those working!