Hot air conditioning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

red-russian1

Reaction score
My ac went out (pressures normal and clutch would not engage) and it turned out to be the high pressure switch. Jumped it with a wire and it is working fine. (Until I can get the switch changed out this fall once the weather cools off a bit.
That's what I was kinda thinking but it's a 3-wire switch and we didn't have a schematic or I would've jumpered it just to get us home.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

red-russian1

Reaction score
That's what I was kinda thinking but it's a 3-wire switch and we didn't have a schematic or I would've jumpered it just to get us home. Or jumpered the clutch to engage the compressor.

WhiteFalcon

Reaction score
Mine switch has only two prongs, so it was pretty simple. No idea what the third prong would even do. It is a simple two pole switch.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The poor Falcons compressor was saying "ouch" at this point......but I understand "making it work' too.

The "safeties" really are there to protect the equipment, not us. This risk was clearly evaluated and the decision...."ah, F it...this will work" , right? I would have prob done the same thing...a lot of guys would have so no slam here. LOL

jeff