How does the WiFi Connection updates work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I setup the WiFi to connect to my home network while my vehicle is in the garage. Once you are paired with the network, does the vehicle automatically check online for updates or do you have to check manually? Does the vehicle have to stay on for updates to process? What can be updated by WiFi?

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there an automatic check? Does the vehicle have to be on for the automatic check?

If you find an update with a manual check, do you have to leave the vehicle on for the update or will it continue updating after you shut the vehicle off?

What things can be updated?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does this feature even update anything? Mine never has and I’ve had it for 25 months.

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know. That is what I am trying to figure out. The WiFi signal is not great where my SUV is parked in the garage. I am planning on fixing that problem. I was curious how things would work once I got it fixed.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines on automatic, but it never updates anything and it sits in garage with good wifi daily.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine went to 3.0 19205 over WiFi by its self. I have since gone to 3.4 with a manual install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk