How fast does your Ford Pass start your vehicle or unlock/lock doors?

How quick is your FordPass

• 1 second

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3 seconds

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 4-5 seconds

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 6-7 seconds

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 8-10 seconds

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • 11 or more seconds

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My butler does it

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think they're using a version of this in their new electric cars to unlock/lock, but if it takes longer than 3 seconds it becomes a PITA if you're in the rain or you're about to get robbed:)

Mine from timing it several times is about 7-14 seconds from starting to lock and unlocking

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve never used it to unlock them.

I’ve used it lock them if I can’t remember if I locked them before bed.

I usually use it to warm up the car before getting in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10sne1

Reaction score
Mine works about 50% of the time to start car? It just seems to time out and give up, about half the time? not used door locks yet.

Jimmer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to remote start or un/lock from the FordPass app on their apple watch?

I've tried about a dozen times and as soon as the wheel starts spinning it pops up an icon to "Refresh" and doesnt do anything.

One of the times I tried about 6 times in a row from my watch and ended up with an error message on the phone app that it wouldnt attempt to start after so many failed attempts. So it seems like some connection may have been happening but the "Refresh" popping up wouldnt allow it to fully execute.

I checked in the app settings for the watch but didnt see anything to toggle that would help.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only use the app (mine also takes a bit, probably 15 seconds or so for start or lock/unlock) if I want to start and keep the truck running for more than 10 mins...

99% of the time I use the fob for remote start. Fob in pocket to lock/unlock doors and keypad if I'm walking away from it and leave it running with key inside so I don't get the double honk...
[emoji106]

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to remote start or un/lock from the FordPass app on their apple watch?

I've tried about a dozen times and as soon as the wheel starts spinning it pops up an icon to "Refresh" and doesnt do anything.

One of the times I tried about 6 times in a row from my watch and ended up with an error message on the phone app that it wouldnt attempt to start after so many failed attempts. So it seems like some connection may have been happening but the "Refresh" popping up wouldnt allow it to fully execute.

I checked in the app settings for the watch but didnt see anything to toggle that would help.

I have found if the Ford Pass app is running in the background the response time is pretty good. Including the Apple Watch app. If it is closed out it takes forever to say it started. The watch app seems to go to refresh after it sends the command. I have been right next to it and the Expy would start or unlock after pushing the watch app button and the watch would say refresh. If I started it from the watch I would have to push the refresh button then push the unlock button. And like mentioned before the app needs to be running in the background on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmer

Reaction score
I have found if the Ford Pass app is running in the background the response time is pretty good. Including the Apple Watch app. If it is closed out it takes forever to say it started. The watch app seems to go to refresh after it sends the command. I have been right next to it and the Expy would start or unlock after pushing the watch app button and the watch would say refresh. If I started it from the watch I would have to push the refresh button then push the unlock button. And like mentioned before the app needs to be running in the background on the phone.

Thanks, Fozzy. I'll give that a shot with the app running in the background on my phone and try to be more patient instead of hitting refresh right away when it pops up!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best thing about using the app is you can extend the run time 10 more minutes if your windshield is super icy.

Mlarv

Reaction score
You realize that the App is going from your cell phone across the cell network to a internet connection. That internet connection has to find the Ford servers and see if you are authorized to do what you want to do. Then send a code back across the internet to a cell tower your vehicle is connected to, then into the vehicle so the code can be read and then acted upon.

So it may take 10 seconds to over a minute.

I use the App to start my truck at the airport parking lot when I hit baggage claim if it has been snowing and I want a warm truck.

I have used it once when my wife needed to get something out of it while not was parked in a mall parking lot.

Other then that I just walk up hit the button on the fob and the doors unlock with in a second.

Mlarv

Reaction score
I think they're using a version of this in their new electric cars to unlock/lock, but if it takes longer than 3 seconds it becomes a PITA if you're in the rain or you're about to get robbed:)

Mine from timing it several times is about 7-14 seconds from starting to lock and unlocking

They are using another technology called NFC to control the door locks etc. It is not cellular like the APP is. Sort of like paying with Apple Pay but you open your doors and start your car or truck.