How many owners out there with no major issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Purchased mine as a CPO in late July with 35k on the odometer. Its since had almost 9k put on it through visits to family, vacation, and occasional use as a stand in for my work vehicle. It's had the 21B10 reflash done and cam phasers replaced under warranty. It's going back in for service Tuesday for a error messages related to many records of lost signal between the many modules that regulate the vehicles performance and a logged code for low boost pressure on bank A... dealer was also made aware of a possible coolant leak as the expansion tank coolant level has slowly been dropping since the cam phasers were replaced... I will say it's made more trips to the dealer for work other then normal maintenance than my 2016 2.7L ecoboost F150 did.

Tmg115

Reaction score
I've had my 2020 expedition for over a year now and zero issues with it so far but it only has 5k miles.

My work 2020 explorer 3.0 Ecoboost is going to the dealer next week for a trans. It has 35k.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 Navigator with 12k miles here. No major problems.

Vehicle forums are biased with people that either love them or hate them. I've had my share of American, German, and Japanese brands, and no one is clearly better than the others. That's why we still have so many selections today and not one winner.

We have so many selections because there isn't simply one manufacturer, not because they're all equal in quality. And there clearly are sme that are better than others - evidenced by the statistical data on repairs, used car values, etc.

I've had Fords since 1996, so I'm clearly a Ford guy - but I also know that it's very likely that my wife's Honda will last through 2 of my Fords.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are considered ‘major problems’ ?

I love my Navigator most of the time but it’s the first vehicle I’ve ever owned that has made me cuss and swear so much. I should note that in some of my previous vehicles I’d carry a tool box around because of the potential for failures, repairs on this vehicle are not possible.

I’ve had several Fords, this is my last. My wife was going to get the Aviator but now we are looking at Toyotas and Lexus. My latest issue with a demon possessed passenger seat has me ready to unload this thing and daily my Land Cruiser.

55k on the clock and I’ve had the cam phasers done, waste gate needs work now.

Something is going on with the 4x4 system, they can’t figure it out. Parts are backordered.

Multiple other small issues like lift gate switch draining battery, chime speaker blown, squeaky seat that took 4 attempts to finally fix, and there are more I can’t recall at the moment… idk if the multiple minor cuts are worse than the bigger stuff.

I’ll reiterate… when it’s problem free it’s flipping wonderful.

atlawson

Reaction score
2018 PLATINUM 67,000 miles only issue is the panoramic sunroof is currently broken and won't open.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update on my oil leak issue. When they replaced the cam phasers, apparently Ford doesn't pay to replace the valve cover seals around the spark plugs and one of the seals was leaking after they reassembled it with the original seals, but it didn't show up right away. Dealer pulled the passenger's side valve cover and replaced the seals around all four spark plugs and the issue is resolved.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
19k on our '20 and the only thing is the rear entertainment system is glitching. Currently at dealer trying to sort out the issue. Otherwise, the truck's been good.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 max special edition 35K, towing a 7000# TT about half those miles

CEL at 30K, needed two new cats - no root cause identified...yet! Monitoring fluid levels.
I'm sure it'll rear its head eventually. Never heard of pre mature cat failure, but, I'm told it happens... Chalk that one up to emissions BS. The 5 to 5.5 mpg towing with the failed cats across the country was only painful on stops/fuel bill. Stunk/sounded like complete trash, but ran/pulled great.

Driver side running board was acting up/wouldn't deploy at times. Mentioned it to MT dealer who was checking the CEL and "did something" and it hasn't happened since.

Sunroof and shade are rattling/noisy and have parts ordered to address under warranty.

Rear passenger door alignment off, getting addressed under warranty.

All 3 reprogramming customer satisfaction things done. I didn't have any noise initially and had observed shuddering at various points after they did the first one I didn't ask for when they replaced the cats. Prior to that, smooth as silk. Kinda wish it was never touched. Just picked up from last reprogram and it might be me, but it sounded louder when I fired it up. The trans is learning my habits again.

I love driving it. Nicest (certainly most expensive) vehicle I've ever owned. I've never bought an extended warranty but all the electrical niceties have me thinking it might be wise to in the next couple weeks before it rolls over 36K. I love being able to slap my two youngest kids in the back of the head with their headrests. Easily my favorite button to push ever. Totally designed by someone who appreciates rear view visibility and messing with their kids!

Never leaving me stranded/broken down on the side of the road is what I consider "reliable", so far so good there. My attitude would be very different if that wasn't the case.

I'm coming from a 2005 Tacoma that was essentially bulletproof aside from the entire frame needing to be replaced. I'd still be driving it if it fit my family of six and could've handled cross county jaunts dragging the camper. It had 190K when I traded it and biggest concern I had would be rot at another 190K.

The wife's 2013 Odyssey and 2005 TSX win the maintain and trouble free driving category. The 1998 Astro conversion she hated me for buying before the Honda was 25K trouble free miles and sold for $2K more than I paid for it. That was second to my first car, '89 accord I bought on '98 w/58K on it that ate CV joints/rotted out at the wheel wells but gave 240K trouble free miles otherwise.

With a little luck, I'll drive this expedition into the ground and drag it behind our motorhome/haul my kids around and teach them to drive in it... Hopefully it won't bleed me too much over the next decade! Fingers crossed...